- Here are the key highlights of the measures announced in railway sector by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in Union Budget 2018
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday stressed that Union Budget 2018 would focus on four aspects namely-strengthening of agriculture, education, healthcare benefits and improving infrastructure.
Here are the key highlights of the measures announced in railway sector by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in Union Budget 2018
- Rs 1,48,528 crore is the capital expenditure for Indian Railways in Budget 2018
- All railways stations with more than 25,000 footfall to have escalators
- 4267 unmanned railway crossings will be eliminated in next two years
- All railway stations and trains will be provided WiFi and CCTVs progressively
- Focus will be on safety, maintenance of railway tracks, increase in use of technology and fog safety devices
- Redevelopment of 600 major railway stations has been taken up; Mumbai transport system is being expanded; suburban network of 160 km planned for Bengaluru
- Rs 11000 crore for Mumbai locals.
- Foundation stone of the bullet train was laid in September 2017. An institute is coming up in Vadodara to train the manpower required for the high-speed railway projects
- 12,000 wagons, 5160 coaches and 700 locomotives being procured. There is significant achievements of physical targets by railways
Reiterating Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of 'minimum government, maximum governance', Jaitley stated that India's USD 2.5 trillion economy is on course to achieve a growth of 8 percent, following the 7.2-7.5 percent growth it achieved in the second half of 2018-19.
READ | India Union Budget 2018-19 Live: Get Live Updates & Highlights As Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Announces The Budget
(With ANI inputs)