Three days before the first phase of the Lok Sabha elections are set to begin, the BJP has launched its 'Sankalp Patra' election manifesto at an event at its New Delhi headquarters on Monday.
During the launch, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, who chaired the manifesto committee, said that the manifesto is visionary and practical. He added that through this manifesto BJP is presenting the hopes of 130 crore people and presenting the vision they have for the nation. BJP President Amit Shah, PM Narendra Modi, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and other leaders of the BJP were present during the launch.
Republic TV has accessed the 46-page manifesto named as the 'Sankalp Patra' by the party for Lok Sabha elections 2019, under the tagline of 'Sankalpit Bharat Sashakt Bharat' (Committed India, Strong India).
Some of the highlights are:
- "When BJP government was formed in 2014, the country faced with the challenge of turning around the wheel of development that had been stalled because of rampant corruption, misrule and indecisiveness of UPA government, under whose rule the country had been pushed into the darkness of despair.
- In the last five years, NDA government under the leadership of Narendra Modi has successfully vindicated the mandate that it won in 2014.
- In order to achieve highest goals of agricultural development, we have taken the unprecedented measure of making the agricultural sector 'farmer centric'
- In the last five years. the work done by our government for the development and empowerment of every section of the society including women youth weaker sections has instilled faith in every citizen that they can move ahead on the path of progress with dignity.
- This presents the will of the people and we reiterate our commitment and dedication to the creation of New India through it.
Here's the note by the chairman of the manifesto committee, Rajnath Singh: