In a three day countdown to the first phase of Lok Sabha election 2019 to commence, the BJP has launched its 'Sankalp Patra' election manifesto that encompasses their stance issues paning accross an array of issues, including empowerment of transgenders, artisans' welfare and access for the middle class.
Emphasising on the inclusive development of the country, the BJP declared that the creation of an open and egalitarian society is "central" to the philosophy of the party, as the party reiterated their vision of New India with 'Sabka saath, Sabka Vikas'
Some of the highlights on promises of Inclusive development for artisans' welfare, empowering transgenders and providing access for the middle class in the BJP's 'Sankalp Patra' are:
- BJP in their manifesto has "ensured" that economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society who belong to the non-reserved category are represented and have access to government jobs and higher education through the 10% EWS reservation.
- They would implement the law in the same spirit ensuring that SCs, STs, and OBCs continue to have their fair representation.
- To ensure that quality education is available and easy accessible, every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribals persons will have an Eklavya Model Residential School’.
- Claims to establish 50,000 ‘Van Dhan Vikas Kendras’ in the tribal areas of the country to ensure the availability of primary processing and value addition for the first produce and to provide employment for tribals and increase tribal income’.
- The party ensures pucca houses for families either living in kuccha houses or without access to housing by 2022.
- The party will make efforts to ensure that our aspirational middle class has access to education, employment opportunities and suitable urban infrastructure for a better quality life.
- Committed to the empowerment and ‘development with dignity’ of all minorities (Muslims, Christians, sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis etc.
- Will strengthen the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana to ensure that poor senior citizens in need of aids and assistive devices receive them in a timely manner.
- Priotritize Divyang beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and mandate accessibility benchmarks to be met in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- BJP said that they are committed to work towards finding a permanent political solution to the issue of Darjeeling hills, Siliguri Terai and Dooars region’.
READ| From 'Champion Sectors' To 'Study In India': Here's What The BJP Is Promising The Youth In Its 2019 Election Manifesto 'Sankalp Patra''
Here is the complete section:
READ| From Simultaneous Elections To A Corruption-free India: Here's How The BJP Plans To Deliver Good Governance In Its 2019 Election Manifesto