In a sensational claim, the Congress party on Thursday said that there had been six surgical strikes during the tenure of Congress party between 2004-2014.
Addressing a press conference in Congress' Delhi headquarters, Congress leader Rajiv Shukla said that during Congress tenure there were six surgical strikes and later put out a detail list about the same. He also added that there were four terrorists who were declared global terrorist by the United Nations security council during Congress tenure.
The details of enlisted surgical strikes by the party are:
1. June 19, 2008 in Bhattal Sector of Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir
2. August 30 - September 1, 2011 in Sharda Sector, across Neelam River Valley in Kel
3. January 6, 2013 in Sawan Patra checkpost
4. July 27 - July 28, 2013 at Nazapir Sector
5. August 6, 2013 in Neelam Valley
6. January 14, 2014 (Army Chief, General Bikram Singh’s statement qua surgical strike on December 23, 2013)
They also said that there had been two surgical strikes during former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA:
1.January 21, 2000 (Nadala Enclave, across the Neelam River)
2. September 18, 2003 (Baroh Sector, Poonch)
Indian Army carried out surgical strike on Pakistan on September 29, 2016 and at least 38 terrorists were eliminated in the surgical strike. The precision attacks were carried out by the Indian Army after 19 soldiers were martyred in Pakistan-sponsored attack.
In 2018, responding to a video of the 2016 surgical strikes along the Line of Control that was accessed by Republic TV, the Congress lauded the bravery of the Indian armed forces and had said that India had conducted many such surgical strikes since 2000. Congress party's spokesperson had then given the same list of strikes and claimed that the BJP is using it for political gains.
The Opposition has been targeting the BJP demanding proofs of the surgical strike and has been questioning the success of the Balakot Airstrike carried out by India after the February 14 Pulwama Terror attack that martyred 40 CRPF jawans.