In a three day countdown to the first phase of Lok Sabha election 2019 to commence, the BJP has launched its 'Sankalp Patra' election manifesto that encompasses their stance issues paning accross an array of issues, including infrastruture.
Speaking over the 'backbone of the economy', BJP accentuates on going forward with their infrastructure plans of developing the country, for which they have began and matured a new technology-driven platform called PRAGATI (Pro-active Governance and Timely Implementation) through which they aim at de-bottling major projects on a regular basis via video conferences with officials across the country.
Some of the highlights on promises of improved infrastructure in the BJP's 'Sankalp Patra' are:
- Next generation infrastructure which will include gas grids and water grids, i-ways, regional airports and wayside amenities along National Highways.
- Ensure efficiency in the economy which will lead to the creation of large number of jobs and livelihood opportunities.
- Launch a National Urban Mobility Mission to provide technology-based urban mobility solutions to all urban local bodies and increase the use of public transport/
- Ensure that 50 cities are covered with as strong metro network.
- Swachh Bharat Mission to a new level through sustainable Solid Waste Management in every village. Through this mission, we will ensure 100% disposal of liquid waste through emphasis on faecal sludge management and reuse of wastewater in rural, peri-urban and unsewered areas.
- Launch ‘Jal Jivan Mission’ under which we will introduce a special programme. ‘Nal se Jal’ to ensure piped water for every household by 2024.
- Double the length of National Highways by 2022 and construct 60,000 kms of them in the next five year's.
- Expand connectivity and experience of high-speed trains and new version trains such as Vande Bharat Express across the length and breadth of the country in the next five years.
- Will equip all main railway stations with Wi-Fi facility by 2022.
- Double the number of functional airports in the next five years’.
- Undertake the upgradation of infrastructure of connecting the coast and hinterland to ensure smooth transportation.
- Work towards making the state electricity entities financially sound and administratively more efficient.
- Every Gram Panchayat will be connected with high speed optical fiber network by 2022.
READ| From 'Champion Sectors' To 'Study In India': Here's What The BJP Is Promising The Youth In Its 2019 Election Manifesto 'Sankalp Patra''
Here is the complete section:
READ| In 'Sankalp Patra', BJP Promises To Take Women's Empowerment Beyond Tokenism And Make It 'Women-led Development'. Here's Its 2019 Election Manifesto Promise