In reply to the application filed to the NIA by Nisar Ahmed Sayyed Bilal who lost his son in the Malegaon blasts in 2008, to bar Sadhvi Pragya Thakur from contesting for the Bhopal constituency, Thakur, on Tuesday has filed her reply calling the application 'frivolous and politically motivated'
She had also requested that the application be dismissed and a fine imposed on the applicant.
The NIA to has filed its reply, stating that it does not have 'the jurisdiction to bar Thakur from contesting polls, stating that the mater is related to the Election commission'.
Bilal who had lost his son Sayyed Azhar Nisar Ahmed on the spot in Malegaon blast on September 29, 2008, had applied to the NIA seeking Thakur's debarment from contesting the polls.
The applicant states that "he came to know by electronic, print and social media that Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has joined the BJP and is going to contest parliamentary elections from Bhopal seat." The petitioner has submitted that Thakur was "enlarged on conditional bail and she is not attending hearing of this court on the pretext that she is unwell and she is a 'breast cancer patient.' But on the contrary, she has been seen participating in various programmes and giving objectionable and instigating speeches since her release from the jail."
Requesting the court to debar her, Bilal added that Thakur should be summoned to the court proceedings in Mumbai.
"Sadhvi Pragya Thakur may be asked to attend court proceeding here in Mumbai and is barred to contest the election as trial is still in progress and the petition of cancellation of bail is sub-judice before the Supreme Court," the application added.
Dissatisfied with Sadhvi Pragya Thakur's explanation to EC's notice about her comment on Babri Masjid's demolition, the Election Commission, on Monday, has registered an FIR for violating the model code of conduct.
Earlier on Sunday, in a press briefing, Thakur said that she was part of the group that broke the Babri Masjid. She added that she is not denying any of the charges.
Sadhvi Pragya said: "I was present there (Ayodhya). I had broken the structure. I had demolished the structure. I will go there again. I will help in the construction of our Ram Temple. It is not a controversial issue. Ram Temple was there and I will help in constructing a magnificent temple of Lord Ram."
Hours after her admission, the Bhopal district election officer has issued a notice to her, reported the news agency ANI. The district officer had given her one-day time to respond and explain her controversial remark on the issue.
BJP had inducted the Malegaon accused into the party on last Wednesday and announced that Sadhvi Pragya will contest from the Bhopal constituency of Madhya Pradesh against Congress veteran Digvijaya Singh.
Thakur is among seven accused facing trial in Malegaon blast case, in which six people were killed and a dozen others were injured when a bomb placed on a motorcycle exploded in Maharashtra's Malegaon on September 29, 2008. Polling in Madhya Pradesh will be held in the last four phases of elections, ending on May 19. The counting of votes will take place on May 23.