Bollywood News

Alok Nath Gets Anticipatory Bail In Vinta Nanda Rape Case

Written By Digital Desk | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Veteran Television actor Alok Nath, who was accused of rape by 90s producer-writer Vinta Nanda has been granted anticipatory bail.
  • The 62-year-old had filed the plea for bail application in the Dindoshi Sessions Court on December 14, last year. 

Veteran Television actor Alok Nath, who was accused of rape by 90s producer-writer Vinta Nanda has been granted anticipatory bail. The 62-year-old had filed the plea for bail application in the Dindoshi Sessions Court on December 14, last year. 

The plea for pre-arrest bail was filed before the Additional Sessions, Judge S.S Oza. The court has further adjourned the matter until December 20, after the complainant's lawyer asked for time to file an intervention plea opposing bail for actor Alok Nath. 

On November 21, a rape case was registered against Nath by the Mumbai Police, based on a complaint filed by the writer-producer, who accused him of raping her 19 years ago. The FIR was booked under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

READ: Vinta Nanda Tried To Create Marital Discord Between Alok Nath And His Wife, Says Actor’s Lawyer In Court, Denies Rape Allegations

However, actor Alok Nath refuted all the allegations against him and filed a civil suit against Vinta Nanda, asking for Rs 1 as damages for defaming him. He called Nanda a ‘delusional’ complainant and said she was into alcohol, drugs and had affairs with married men. Goburdhun claimed that she was ‘probably looking for relinquished love’ from the actor and also said she was making the accusations for publicity. 

Nath's name was dragged into the controversy in the wake of the #MeToo movement in Bollywood. Nanda had narrated her horrifying ordeal in a Facebook post in October. Although she did not name Nath in the post, the complainant referred to him as the actor who is known as the most Sanskari person.

Earlier this month, Alok Nath was removed by the CINTAA from its membership, weeks after the actor had rejected the allegations filed by Vinta against him. CINTAA arrived at the decision after the veteran actor failed to appear before the executive committee on Monday, 12 November. Sr Joint Secretary, Committee of Cine&TV Artistes' Association, Amit Behl also stated that they will permanently expel him if he fails to make an appearance at the Annual General Meeting. 

READ: Alok Nath Files For Anticipatory Bail In Rape Case Filed By 90s Producer Vinta Nanda

(With inputs from ANI)

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS