Court Reprimands Alok Nath’s Lawyer's Request To Restrict Vinta Nanda’s Social Media Posts

Bollywood News

Alok Nath was absent at the court hearing on October 17, his lawyer requested the court to restrict Vinta Nanda's social media posts. The court reprimanded the lawyer’s request to restrict Vinta Nanda’s social media posts and has asked Alok Nath to be present for the next hearing on October 25

Written By Snehal Kataruka | Mumbai | Updated On:

The Me Too movement has exposed many renowned personalities from the entertainment and the media industry. A few days back, ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ fame Alok Nath was accused of sexual assault by TV producer Vinta Nanda. He filed a defamation case against her and demanded for an apology and Rs. 1 for the allegations stated against him.

Read | #MeToo: Producer Vinta Nanda Reaches Oshiwara Police Station To File A Complaint Against Alok Nath

On October 17, the court hearing proceeded, but surprisingly Alok Nath who filed the suit wasn’t present at court. As soon as the proceedings began, the veteran’s lawyer requested the court to put restrictions on any further posts of Vinta Nanda on social media against client his Alok Nath and claimed those allegations were false.

To this, the court firstly questioned Alok Nath’s absence and reprimanded the lawyer’s request to restrict Vinta Nanda’s social media posts. Later on when Alok Nath’s lawyer spoke to the media, he said that it is not necessary for his client to be present in court, but the court announced that the ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ actor will have to be present in the court on October 25 for further hearing.

Earlier Alok Nath's lawyer Ashok Saraogi had said, "Vinta Nanda is not making any demand. We have filed a criminal case before the city civil court and Alok Nath has asked ₹ 1, which has been asked just for the sake of penalty." 

Read | #MeToo: Producer Vinta Nanda Who Accused Alok Nath Of Sexual Assault Writes An Open Letter To PM Narendra Modi

The lawyer had further stated that Vinta Nanda should apologize before the society, for defaming his client. The case will be heard in the month of November, while the civil suit will be followed up within a week. 

Writer producer Vinta Nanda did not stay behind and recently reached the Oshiwara police station in Mumbai to file a complaint against the veteran actor Alok Nath. She has written a hard hitting letter to PM Narendra Modi seeking help and justice for all the wronged women. 

Meanwhile, Vinta Nanda is awaiting decisions of various association like Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA), Screenwriters Association (SWA) and Indian Film and Television Directors Association (IFTDA).

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS