Bollywood News

'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi' Lands In Further Trouble?

Written By Digital Desk | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • After Sonu Sood and Krish walking out of 'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi' , the film has once again landed in trouble
  • Reportedly, the business head of Zee Studios, Mr. Sujay Kutty, has been sacked from the company

The Kangana Ranaut starrer ‘Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi’ has recently been making headlines for all the wrong reasons. After Sonu Sood walked out of the film, there were reports of Swati Sempal walking out as well. The walking out of actors happened after Kangana Ranaut took over as the director as they felt that there was a need to shoot additional scenes and re-shoot certain parts.

The budget for the film too went up by R. 30 crores from Rs. 70 crores to Rs. 100 crores.  According to the latest reports, the business head of Zee Studios, Mr Sujay Kutty, has been sacked from the company, as he had given the green signal previously for the film to go on floors. Reportedly, the 30 crores are for reshooting several scenes from the film, which will be directed by Kangana Ranaut. The ‘Queen’ actress had taken over direction, as the original director, Krish had moved to another project and could not reschedule for ‘Manikarnika: the Queen of Jhansi’.

READ I After Bollywood Actor Sonu Sood, Director Krish Walks Out Of 'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi'

Choreographer Ganesh Acharya has been roped in to choreograph a fancy number featuring Ankita Lokhande and Kangana Ranaut.

 

The film first made headlines when it was alleged that Sonu Sood did not wish to work with a female director. Although the actor had earlier worked with another woman director Farah Khan on the film 'Happy New Year' and is said to have had no problem with it. The actor, however, later clarified that it is not because of her gender, but because of competency. Giving an insight, the 'Dabangg' actor reportedly disclosed that that Ranaut is a great friend, but her using the 'woman victim card' is extremely ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Swati Semwal who plays the role of  Sadashiv Rao's wife was approached for a ten-day shoot of the film. She had said in an interview that she had signed the film for three reasons, two of which were working with Sonu Sood and director Krish.

However, the first look of the film that was revealed on August 15 was much praised by people.

 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS