A day after Sapna Bhavnani took to Twitter to attack veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan amidst the Me Too movement, the celebrity hairstylist in another post has said that “folks telling me that I should be scared of losing my life”.
On Friday, October 12, the celebrity hairstylist Sapna Bhavnani took to Twitter to attack veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan. Responding to Amitabh Bachchan's tweet on the ongoing 'Me Too' movement, the celebrity hairstylist who was a part of the sixth season of television reality show 'Bigg Boss' called the veteran actor out while referring to his tweet about the ongoing 'Me Too' movement that has taken the Indian film industry by a storm.
In one of her latest tweets, Bhavnani hinted that her life was under threat for she spoke up against the 'Pink' actor. The hairstylist who is known to speak her mind lashed out at Twitterati for asking her to remain silent on the matter and reprimanded them for telling her to be scared of losing her life.
On Saturday, October 13, Bhavnani tweeted, "folks telling me that i should be scared of losing my life .... huh??? why?? cuz i said his stories will come out soon???? is this how we keep women shut now? #MeTooIndia #MeToo".
Here's her tweet:
In a tweet on Friday, October 12, Sapna Bhavnani wrote, "This has to be the biggest lie ever. Sir the film Pink has released and gone and your image of being an activist will soon too. Your truth will come out very soon. Hope you are biting your hands cuz nails will not be enough. @SrBachchan #Metoo #MeTooIndia #comeoutwomen".
Check out her post here:
After her first tweet on Bachchan created a storm on social media, Bhavnani issued consequent tweet.
Here it is:
Hitting out at the media, Bhavnani also clarified that she has not said anywhere that Bachchan had done anything to her. “I woke up and social media has gone viral with posts of me accusing Bachchan of sexual misconduct. He hasn’t done anything to me..Clearing this NOW..but i know many that he has...my post is just to encourage those women to come out”, she wrote in a tweet.
Here are the tweets:
As the Me Too movement gains momentum in the country, several women have mustered the courage to come out and call out their sexual predators or those they know through second-hand accounts. Several eminent Bollywood personalities have been named in the wake of the 'Me Too' movement in India. Celebrities like Nana Patekar, Alok Nath, Rajat Kapoor, Varun Grover, Karim Morani, Kailash Kher, Vikas Bahl, and Sajid Khan have been accused publically so far.
The 'Me Too' movement that originated in the west around a year ago has taken India by a storm, and rightly so. The movement gained momentum after Bollywood actress Tanushree Dutta accused veteran actor Nana Patekar of sexual harassment while the duo was filming a song for the film 'Horn Ok Pleassss' in 2008. The actress also lashed out at choreographer Ganesh Acharya for allegedly pressuring her into doing an intimate sequence with Patekar for the song.
Dutta also accused the producer of the film, Sami Siddiqui and director Rakesh Sarang of harassing her on the sets of the film. On Wednesday, October 10, Dutta filed a complaint with the police at the Oshiwara police station against the four.
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.