With the failure of 'Zero' at the box office, Bollywood Superstar Shahrukh Khan decided to take a break. Its been six months since the release of his last film and he is yet to sign any new films.
Shah Rukh Khan was last seen in Aanand L Rai’s 'Zero', which released in December 2018. Ever since then there have been speculations about his upcoming films. Quelling rumours about him being a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's biopic on Sahir Ludhianvi or 'Don 3', the 53-year-old talking to media said that he is currently not working on any films.
Popularly known as the king Khan of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan who stood out in movies like 'Chak de India' and 'My Name is Khan' told the Media that he was looking towards spending some quality time with his family and kids who are now in college. He further added that sometimes it happens that as a film ends, one starts working on the next one however this time he does not feel quite up to it. He also said how he wants to take some time out to watch films, listen to stories and read more books.
Notably, 'Zero' was Shah Rukh’s second consecutive big-budget box office failure after Imtiaz Ali’s 'Jab Harry Met Sejal' which also starred Anushka opposite him. While some fans showed solidarity with the actor in its decision, some expressed regret and sadness.
Twitter was abuzz with netizens reacting to the Bollywood biggie's decision.
However, Shah Rukh Khan will be seen voicing the iconic character Mufasa with son Aryan Khan in the Hindi version of 'Lion King' the Musicale which is slated to release on July 19.
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.