Bollywood News

#MeToo: Rajat Kapoor's 'Kadakh' Dropped From Mumbai Film Festival Post Sexual Harassment Allegations

Written By Radhika Sarkar | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Rajat Kapoor's film 'Kadak' has been dropped from the upcoming 20th edition of the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
  • Earlier on Monday, Journalist Sandhya Menon shared a post, wherein two women had accused the Rajat Kapoor of misconduct.

Just a day after the actor-turned-filmmaker Rajat Kapoor was accused of sexual harassment by two women, his film 'Kadak' has been dropped from the upcoming 20th edition of the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival due to the#MeToo movement. Taking to the micro-blogging site, Twitter the academy tweeted "We as an Academy (MAMI) strongly support the #MeToo movement. In light of recent developments, we have decided to drop the following films from our line-up - AIB's Chintu Ka Birthday and Rajat Kapoor's Kadakh ," read a statement from MAMI."We want to use this opportunity to open up the conversation and find solutions to harassment and sexual misconduct in the workplace. Starting with this edition of the festival, we would like to unite the community to find positive and constructive ways to deal with it."

Read: #MeToo: Journalist Accuses Filmmaker-Actor Rajat Kapoor Of Sexual Misconduct, Says He Asked Her Body Measurements

Here's the tweet! 

Earlier on Monday, Journalist Sandhya Menon shared a post, wherein two women had accused the 'Kapoor & Sons' actor of misconduct. One of the two women is a journalist, who stated that while she was interviewing Rajat Kapoor on the phone, he misbehaved and asked her questions such as 'are you as sexy as you sound', also inquired about her body measurements.

Another woman narrated an incident where the actor would keep bothering her and calling her for a film's shoot and asked her if she knew an empty house. Apparently, Rajat wanted to shoot a film with her in an empty house. 

Here are the tweets by journalist Sandhya Menon that contain screenshots of the two women accusing Rajat Kapoor of misconduct

After the tweet went viral, Rajat Kapoor issued an apology on Twitter.

Read: Tansuhree Dutta Allegations: 'As An Industry, We Need To Come Together And Weed Out Toxic People,' Says Pulkit Samrat In An Open Letter

Here's the tweet: 

Victims of sexual harassment in India are finally speaking up and looks like the #MeToo movement of India has officially begun and it's not going to spare any of the wrong-doers.

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS