Bollywood News

#MeToo| Two Legal Notices Served To Anurag Kashyap And Vikramaditya Motwane By Vikas Bahl

Written By Radhika Sarkar | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Two legal notices have been served to Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane by Vikas Bahl
  • Previously, filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has opened up about the sexual harassment allegation against his Phantom Films partner Vikas Bahl

In the wake of the 'Me Too' movement that had earlier taken Hollywood by storm, former actress Tanushree Dutta accused veteran actor Nana Patekar of sexual harassment. Tanushree's fight for justice has now taken a legal turn. Meanwhile, Dutta's brave step has now pushed several victims to share their stories. Several big-wigs from the entertainment industry have been named and shamed. The age of social media has left no stone unturned in shaming all those accused of sexual harassment. Following the back-to-back accusations against celebrities, the latest one that is gaining momentum is the misconduct allegations on 'Queen' director Vikas Bahl. 

The controversy broke out when filmmaker Anurag Kashyap opened up about the sexual harassment allegation on his Phantom Films partner Vikas Bahl. And, now in a turn of events, two separate legal notices have been served to Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane by Bahl. The notice served to the two stated that Anurag and Vikramaditya used MeToo opportunist to defame Vikas Bahl and that Kashyap had bribed another employee of the production house to make similar allegations against Bahl, and there is no personal agenda behind it. 

Read: Directors Neeraj Ghaywan And Anurag Kashyap Back Varun Grover As He Denies Allegations Of Sexual Harassment

Here's the notice served to Anurag Kashyap by Vikas Bahl

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the notice served to Vikramaditya Motwane by Vikas Bahl

 

 

 

 

 Read: I Named And Shamed Him In Private: Anurag Kashyap On Allegations Of Sexual Harassment Against Vikas Bahl

 

Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane dissolved Phantom Films on Monday after an unidentified employee of the production company outed Bahl, alleging he sexually assaulted her

Earlier, in an article on news website Huffpost India, a former woman employee of the now dissolved production banner has reiterated the allegations and shared further details about the alleged incident in May 2015.According to the report, the woman said she had reached out to Kashyap and detailed her experience, but no action was taken while Bahl continued to harass her until she finally quit the company. In a two-page statement on Twitter, Kashyap said his legal aides told him that there was nothing he could do to fire Bahl from Phantom Films, which they set up seven years ago.

 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS