'Proven Offenders Must Be Punished', Says Hrithik Roshan On Vikas Bahl Harassment Case

Bollywood News

Vikas Bahl has been accused of sexual harassment by a former employee at Phantom. Hrithik Roshan who has his next 'Super 30' directed by Vikas Bahl spoke about the matter.

Written By Snehal Kataruka | Mumbai | Updated On:

Post the Tanushree Dutta - Nana Patekar row, Bollywood witnessed another horrific case of sexual harassment. Recently, an ex crew member of Phantom films accused 'Queen' director Vikas Bahl of sexually harassing her in a hotel room in Goa, 2015, post a production party for Bombay Velvet. Since the incident came to light, actor Kangana Ranaut stood up for the girl and she too accused Vikas of misconduct on the sets of 'Queen'. Kangana claimed that he would hug her tightly and smell her hair. 

Read | I Named And Shamed Him In Private: Anurag Kashyap On Allegations Of Sexual Harassment Against Vikas Bahl

Vikas Bahl has his next directorial venture 'Super 30' starring HrIthik Roshan, and now since Vikas has been accused of sexual harassment, people were eagerly waiting for Hrithik's comment on the matter. Today on October 8, Hrithik Roshan spoke about the matter and took to his Twitter and wrote 

''It is impossible for me to work with any person if he/she is guilty of such grave misconduct. I am away and have access to only sporadic information. I have requested the producers of super 30 to take stock of the apparent facts and take a harsh stand if need be . 
This is not to be hushed or brushed under the carpet. All proven offenders must be punished and all exploited people mush be empowered and given strength to speak up"

Earlier, filmmaker Hansal Mehta took to his Twitter to shame Vikas Bahl and had indirectly taken a dig at Hrithik Roshan for working with an alleged sex offender, but he later deleted his tweet as he got trolled. 

Read | ‘Vikas Bahl Is A Sexual Offender’, Says Vikramaditya Motwane

Vikas Bahl who is one of the co founders of Phantom films among Anurag Kashyap, Vikram Aditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena was shamed by his partners. The partners at Phantom have come to a conclusion of dissolving the company since as per their clause they cannot banish Vikas from the company. Anurag shared his statement on Twitter regarding the incident and the breaking up of Phantom. 

 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS