Bollywood News

Ranveer Singh Finally Breaks Silence On Threats To Chop Off Deepika Padukone’s Nose

Written By Veda Ramaswamy | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has finally reacted to his rumoured girlfriend and ‘Padmaavat’ co-star Deepika Padukone getting threats
  • Read this story to find out what Ranveer Singh said!

After weeks of staying silent, Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has finally reacted to his rumoured girlfriend and ‘Padmaavat’ co-star Deepika Padukone getting threats.

Deepika Padukone and ‘Padmaavat’ director Sanjay Leela Bhansali received several threats over the course of the protests against the film. Karni Sena had threatened to chop off Deepika Padukone’s nose for violating Indian culture. The fringe outfit had also threatened to bury Deepika and Bhansali alive if the film released. Haryana BJP leader Suraj Pal Amu had reportedly offered a Rs 10-crore bounty for beheading Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

Breaking his silence over the threats to Deepika, Ranveer Singh told a television channel that he was filled with rage.

"I was filled with rage. There's no doubt about that. I had a very strong urge to act out, to speak out, but I was given strict instructions not to. And I had to respect that, because I was not at the forefront of this fight,” Ranveer Singh told a leading TV channel.

‘Padmaavat’, earlier titled ‘Padmavati’, was in the eye of the storm as several Rajput groups and politicians were up in arms against the film over an alleged dream sequence between Khilji and Padmavati, a claim repeatedly denied by the director and the team.

The film was stuck with the censor board for a while and had to miss its December 1 release last year. It arrived in the theatres on January 25, minus the 'i' in the title, and several disclaimers and modifications.

Read: Deepika Padukone: 'Padmaavat' Is A Celebration Of Womanhood For Me

Read: Here’s How Deepika Padukone Started Off Valentines Day 2018

 

Below Article Thumbnails
DO NOT MISS