Salman Khan-starrer 'Dabangg-3' Production Firm Gets ASI Notice

Bollywood News

Salman Khan starrer 'Dabangg 3' yet again comes under spotlight for all the wrong reasons. Read details

Written By Digital Desk | Mumbai | Updated On:

The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has served notice to a production firm of Salman Khan-starrer 'Dabangg-3' ordering them to remove two film set pieces constructed inside Jal Mahal in Mandu near here.

READ | Salman Khan's 'Dabangg 3' Triggers Fight Between BJP And Congress After Set Photo Of 'Shivling' Covered With Wooden Planks Surfaces

The notice, signed by the Mandu Sub Circle ASI Junior Conservation Assistant, has stated that permission for film shooting would be cancelled if the above directive is not followed.

The notice has been served on Sunday on one Harsh Dev of M/s Dream World Movies and Production at Sudama Nagar in Indore.

As per the notice, the production house was asked to do the needful on Saturday as well but no action has been taken.

The notice said the construction carried out by the film crew were in violation of the Ancient Monument and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act 1958 as well as other rules.

Mandu Sub Circle, ASI Junior Conservation Assistant Prashant Patankar said copies of the notice have been forwarded to Dhar collector and other officials. The film's makers have also been accused of damaging an antique figurine while shooting at a fort on the banks of the Narmada river in Maheshwar town in Khargone district.

MP Culture Minister Vijaylaxmi Sadho had said on Monday that action would be taken against those responsible for the incident.

When asked about the incident, Sadho told reporters in Indore that whatever happened was wrong. "I have taken cognisance of the matter and issued directives to Khargone district collector, superintendent of police and sub-divisional magistrate ( SDM)," the minister said.

Sadho said she would visit the spot at the Maheshwar Fort to take stock of the situation. Sadho, who is the MLA from Maheshwar, further said, "We had given permission to the shooting of 'Dabangg-3' in Maheshwar to highlight the tourism potential of this historic town".

"If something went wrong during the shooting of the film, then the steps against the people concerned will be taken," the minister added. Earlier, shooting of "Dabangg 3" in Maheshwar got embroiled in a controversy when photographs of a "Shivling" purportedly being covered with wooden planks during the shoot surfaced on the social media.

In a clarification issued later, Salman Khan had stated that the "Shivling" was covered so to protect the idol and maintain its sanctity.

(With Inputs from PTI)

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS