Shocked Mukesh Bhatt Says Sexual Assault Allegations Against Rajkumar Hirani Are "too Hard To Believe & Difficult To Digest"

Bollywood News

Amid the controversy over the allegations of sexual assault levied on Bollywood director Rajkumar Hirani by a woman who worked with him during the making of film 'Sanju', veteran producer Mukesh Bhatt spoke to Republic TV on Monday, expressing shock over the matter.

Written By Monica Aggarwal | Mumbai | Updated On:

Amid the controversy over the allegations of sexual assault levied on Bollywood director Rajkumar Hirani by a woman who worked with him during the making of film 'Sanju', veteran producer Mukesh Bhatt spoke to Republic TV on Monday, expressing shock over the matter.

Speaking to Republic TV's Alisha Nair, Mukesh Bhatt stated that it is hard for him such a piece of news about Rajkumar Hirani, calling him a 'decent and well-mannered' man.

"I am shocked beyond comprehension because Rajkumar Hirani, I know is a very decent well-mannered person...This news battled me completely...I am too stunned to respond you in that because this is shocking...Too hard to believe..Too difficult to digest," the producer said.

READ: Rajkumar Hirani Accused Of Sexual Assault During Making Of 'Sanju', Read Here

Further, when asked about the reports wherein the '3 Idiots' director denied allegations of sexual assault saying that the 'story is false malicious and mischievous which is being spread with the sole intention of destroying his reputation', Mukesh Bhatt asserted to let the law decide the decision in the matter. 

"I am nobody to judge this. Let the law decide this but all I know is Rajkumar Hirani came as a very decent and well-mannered man of integrity and class. Now it is on the law to decide," he added.

As per reports, Hirani, who has made films such as 'Munna Bhai' series and 'PK', allegedly assaulted the woman on more than one occasion over a six-month period from March and September 2018. The woman detailed her accusations in an email in November to Sanju’s co-producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, his wife and journalist Anupama Chopra, Hirani’s close associate and scriptwriter Abhijat Joshi and Shelly Chopra who is Chopra’s sister and director of the upcoming film Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga.

Denied the accusations against Hirani, his lawyer Anand Desai issued a statement, calling the case “false and completely unjustified”. 

Meanwhile,  Rajkumar Hirani’s name has been dropped from the posters of upcoming film 'Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga'.

READ: 'I Do Not Know What Was Whitewashed In The Film,' Says Rajkumar Hirani On 'Sanju'

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS