'There Is No Second Opinion About Our Intent Of Protecting Our Members Right,' Says CINTAA On Tanushreee Dutta's Allegations

Bollywood News

Responding to Tanushree Dutta's allegations against Nana Patekar and Vivek Agnihotri, CINTAA said that they are willing to reinvestigate if Dutta wishes to

Written By Athulya Nambiar | Mumbai | Updated On:

Cine and TV Artists Association (CINTAA) said it is ready to readdress Tanushree Dutta’s sexual harassment allegation against Nana Patekar “by conducting a fair and expeditious” inquiry.

The body had earlier said it did not “address” the allegations by Dutta when she approached them in 2008. Dutta had filed a complaint with CINTAA a decade ago after she felt uncomfortable shooting a song with Patekar for the film Horn Ok Pleassss. In a statement released by CINTAA, it stated, "After going through Ms Tanushree Dutta's complaint, which was filed with the then Executive Committee of CINTAA in March 2008, we feel that the decision was taken in the Joint Dispute Settlement Committee of CINTAA and IFTPC (then known as AMPTPP) in July 2008 was not appropriate, as the chief grievance of sexual harassment wasn't even addressed . Although it was a different Executive Committee at that time, yet as CINTAA we find it highly regrettable and no apologies can suffice and hence we must resolve today to never allow such lapses to occur again."

Recently, while talking to PTI, Amit Behl, Senior Joint Secretary, CINTAA told, “If she asks us to reinvestigate the matter then we have told her that we will offer all possible support. But she has not yet officially come to us. Although we have spoken and written to her (regarding the matter) she is yet to revert,” Amit Behl, Senior Joint Secretary, CINTAA told PTI.

“But we also want to hear Nana’s side of the story. We have sent a communication to Nana also,” Behl added. In the letter, CINTAA has asked Patekar to share his side of the story before the body issues any more statements. In a letter addressed to Dutta, which CINTAA shared with PTI, the body states it had a meeting with her on October 3 and “there is no second opinion about our intent of protecting our members’ rights, their dignity and self-respect”.

READ I 'Love Is Always The Answer', Says Sonam Kapoor After Kangana Ranaut Lashes Out

“If you desire, we would readdress your grievances by conducting a fair and expeditious inquiry in a joint meeting where both the parties and both sides (ie you and Mr Nana Patekar), also since you mentioned the names of Mr Rakesh Sarang (director), Mr Ganesh Acharya (choreographer) and the producer, Mr Siddiqui.”

The letter also stated that the board wants to ensure that the case can be heard in a fair and unbiased manner.

Meanwhile, Nana Patekar on October 8, addressed the media for less than a minute and said that he will stand by his statement, that he made ten years ago. He said that all the allegations made are a lie. The actor also said that he will not be speaking further about the case as his lawyer has forbidden him to. 

(With inputs from PTI) 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS