Television News

#MeToo| Alok Nath Responds To Show Cause Notice, Says 'Not To Act Based On Press Reports Or Social Media'

Written By Radhika Sarkar | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Due to the allegations of sexual harassment on actor Alok Nath, CINTAA had earlier sent him a show cause notice.
  • Responding to the show cause notice, the actor asked the film bodies to not act just based on press reports or social media.
  • Earlier, Alok Nath filed a defamation case against writer-producer Vinta Nanda, who had accused him of raping her almost two decades ago.

Tanushree Dutta coming out about an incident that took place on the sets of 'Horn Ok Pleasss' has kicked off India's very own 'Me Too' movement. With several women come forward and speak about any such incidents that they may have faced. Recently, producer of a popular 90s show, Vinta Nanda opened up about when the lead actress of the show was misbehaved with by veteran actor Alok Nath.

In an elaborate Facebook post, she narrated the details of the horrific incident that took place back in the 90s. Vinta accused veteran actor Alok Nath of alleged rape and brutality. After the accusation of an alleged rape on Alok Nath, CINTAA had decided to send a show and cause notice to the 'Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety' actor.

Read: #MeToo| Alok Nath Files Defamation Case Against Vinta Nanda Over The Allegations Of Rape And Brutality

On Saturday, 13th October, the actor reportedly replied to the film bodies and asked them to withdraw the cases and to not act just based on press reports and social media. A reply sent by the actor's lawyer Ashok Saraogi, revealed that the office of the film bodies had received some complaints in writing, but till date no such complaint has been received by actor Alok Nath. 

Further, Nath has also asked the associations to furnish the details of the complaint, as reported. The matter has not been reported to the police or the court and so the actor's legal team has requested the association to withdraw their show cause notice. 

Earlier, Alok Nath and his wife Ashu have also filed a defamation case against writer-producer Vinta Nanda for alleging that Nath sexually harassed and raped her 19 years back.

On Monday, October 15, the Andheri Court In Mumbai will hear the defamation case filed by Alok Nath's wife against Vinta Nanda. 

Read: #MeToo: Post Vinta Nanda-Sandhya Mridul, Deepika Amin Calls Out Alok Nath, Says He's Obnoxious Drunkard Who Harasses Women

After producer Vinta Nanda accused Alok Nath of rape and brutality, a woman crew member of Sooraj Barjatya's 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' shared her horrific experience with the veteran actor. Recalling the nightmarish incident the crew member reportedly said that she had taken a change of costumes for Alok Nath for a night scene and was taken aback when he started stripping in front of her, as reported. According to reports, the crew member tried to make her way out of the room as soon as she could but was grabbed by the hand and manhandled by the veteran actor. Reportedly, the crew member remembers yanking her hand out of his grip and rushing out of the room. 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS