After claiming 19 lives in Kerala, the cyclone is moving towards Mumbai and Surat with squally winds causing heavy off-season rains.
Here's all you need to know about the Cyclone Ockhi passing the coast of Maharashtra
- Mumbai Disaster management unit of the BMC sent out a high tide alert
- A precautionary holiday was declared for schools and colleges in Mumbai
- Some parts of the Mumbai-Pune Expressway experienced a hailstorm early today
- In a port warning issued here, the MeT Centre said, “Sea condition would be rough. Fishermen (have been) advised not to venture into the sea till December 6. Hoist Distant Warning Signal Number 2 at all ports”.
- Western Railway PRO Ravinder Bhakar conducted an emergency meeting of all the departments was convened.
- The Railway Protection Force and commercial staff will monitor crowd movements and the water levels on the railway track especially in the areas of Palghar which have been placed on alert.
- On 6th Dec more than half a million followers around India are expected to pay homage to Late Babasaheb Ambedkar on his 62nd Death anniversary at Shivaji Park, Dadar. However, civic officials have requested citizens to stay clear of the area for the next few days in view of the stormy seas expected especially at his memorial, Chaityabhoomi which is on the seashore.
Here Are Some Helpline Numbers In Case Of An Emergency:
108 - Monsoon Helpline
1916 - Civic Disaster During Rains
2300400 - For Any Railway Emergencies