Sanatan Sanstha Files 10 Crore Defamation Case Against NCP Leader Nawab Malik. Read The Legal Notice Copy Here

City News

The right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha has sent a legal notice to NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik and other three over a news report lowered Sanathan’s reputation.

Written By Alisha Nair | Mumbai | Updated On:

The right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha has sent a legal notice to NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik and other three over a news report, allegedly lowering Sanatan Sanstha's reputation. A Marathi Newspaper carried the statement of Nawab Malik on August 11 with "Sanatan Sanstha Dahshatwadi Karwayanmadhe- Nawab” (Sanatan Sanstha involved in terror activities)" as its headline. 

Republic TV has now accessed the legal notice which was slapped on the NCP leader on September 17, seeking a damage of Rs 10 crores from Nawab Malik and the newspaper.  The notice stated that Editor, Owner, the publisher of Marathi newspaper and NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik made defamatory statements against ‘Sanatan Sanstha’ in Mumbai.

READ | NCP Rejects Rahul Gandhi's Claim That He Will Be The PM, Says Sharad Pawar Still Tallest Leader In Opposition

The notice further stated, “Your act of making false and as per se defamatory statements against my client (Sanstha) and publishing, printing and circulating those in public in the form of said news have lowered the image of Sanstha in the society have lowered image of my client in the estimate of public and consequentially its reputation is lowered in the society. As a result of which my client is defamed and put to irreparable loss... You have thus not only committed serious offences punishable under the IPC against Sanstha but have also committed the civil wrong against Sanstha."

"My client has, therefore, instructed me to call upon you to pay damages of Rs 10,00,00,000/- (Rupees Ten Crores only) which I hereby do and require and demand from you a sum of Rs 10,00,00,000/- as damages to my client at its Ashram at Ramnathi, Ponda, Goa within 10 days from the date of delivery of this notice to you, failing compliance of which my client will be constrained to file civil suit against you in the Court of law for recovery of the said amount of damages, which of course will be done entirely at your risk as to costs and consequences of such civil suit which please note," it added.

Talking to Republic TV, NCP leader Nawab Malik said that he would fight the organisation in the court now, adding "We will give a reply to the notice and expose the facts of Sanatan Sanstha.  We are grateful to the Sanstha for giving an opportunity to prove allegations in the court.”

Meanwhile, the Sanstha’s spokesperson confirmed that they has sent the notice and will act according to law. Justice should prevail.

READ | Republic Exclusive Newsbreak: NCP Chief Sharad Pawar Named In Mallyagate

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS