The GPSC Joint Director Recruitment exam, recruits’ candidates for the vacancies in the post of the Joint Director for Industrial Safety and Health in the state of Gujarat.
Candidates above the age of 21 and below the age of 40 can apply for the post. Certain upper age relaxations are applicable for candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
i. Candidate must have-
• A second class degree in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering from any university established or incorporated under or by the Act of the State or Central Legislature of India, or educational institutions that have been recognized or established as an Act of Parliament, or under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, is deemed to be a university. Or,
• An equivalent qualification that it recognized by the government for the purpose or as per a detailed advertisement. Or,
• AMIE(I) in the above-mentioned subjects or has an equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Government or an institute which is recognized by the government.
ii. Candidates should also possess knowledge of computer applications in accordance with the Gujarat Civil Service Classification and Recruitment (general) rules- 1967.
iii. Candidates should also be knowledgeable in Hindi or Gujarati or both.
• 5 years or more experience as a person in charge of design, fabrication or that of maintenance of a machinery plan or a section if an industry, or
• Past experience of having worked in the GISHS (Gujarat Industrial Safety and Health Services) after being qualified according to the above-mentioned criteria.
Step 1: Visit the official website www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the post you are applying for
Step 3: Carefully fill in the details mentioned in the application form
Step 4: Select a mode of payment- Online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net banking) or Offline (Bank Challan)
Step 5: Once your application is submitted you will get a number
Step 6: Take a print out of your application for future reference
The GPSC Joint Direct Recruitment exam is divided into Prelim exam and Interview.
The Preliminary exam is of 300 marks and is divided into two parts-
• Part A- General Studies – 100 questions-100 marks
• Part B- Specific subject for the post- 200 questions- 200 marks.
The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The interview is of 100 marks.
The preliminary exam and the interview are given 50 % weightage each.
Strengthen the basics of computer applications. Read newspapers and surf through other news mediums. Keep the events on your fingertips. Work on improving your knowledge of Gujarati and Hindi language. Revisit Engineering and Mathematics textbooks and brush up your concepts and theories.