The Joint Entrance Exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency as an entrance exam for a number of engineering colleges all over India, and is applicable for admissions in NITs (National Institutes of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) and CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutes). Before 2019, the Central Board of Secondary Education – CBSE conducted the JEE Main examinations.
Since 2019, the National Testing Agency will be conducting the JEE Main examinations twice a year, once in January and then in April every year
The JEE Main examination is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted over the course of an entire day.
Paper 1 is entirely computer MCQ based examination whereas Paper 2 is both computer MCQ based, and pen-and-paper based.
Paper 1 is divided into three parts; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It is conducted for admission in B.E./B.Tech courses.
Paper 2 is divided into three parts too; Aptitude Test, Mathematics and Drawing Test. Paper 2 is conducted for admissions into B.Arch. and B.Planning courses.
Candidates can choose to appear for either or both examinations.
• The duration for the JEE Main is 3 hours, whereas students with a disability will be granted 4 hours to complete the Paper.
• 4 marks will be awarded for each right answer, whereas a quarter (1/4th) mark will be deducted from the total marks obtained.
• 90 questions divided into 3 sets of 30 questions each for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
• Each section will have 120 marks, with a total of 360 marks for Paper 1.
• Candidates can take the JEE Main examination in English and Hindi. For exam centres in Gujarat, Daman-Diu and Dadra-Nagar Haveli, Gujarati as a vernacular will be available.
• Divided into three parts of 82 questions for a total of 390 marks. It will be conducted over a duration of 3 hours.
• Part 1 – Mathematics; 30 questions for 120 marks;
• Part 2 – Aptitude Test; 50 questions for 200 marks;
• Part 3 – Drawing Test; 02 questions for 70 marks. Marks will be allotted on the basis of drawing skill.
• Paper 2 will be available in English and Hindi
• Wrong answers will have a quarter (1/4th) marks deducted in the form of negative marking.
1. Visit www.nta.ac.in
2. Click on Download Admit Card – JEE Main 2019
3. Enter your credentials such as application number, Password and the Captcha code provided on the screen to log in.
4. Verify your details on screen and click on download Admit Card.
Declaration of top candidates and All India Ranks will be announced in the month of May 2019.