The DMK chief MK Stalin has announced the candidate list for the Lok Sabha polls for 2019.
The DMK will contest in 20 seats, its ally Congress in ten seats and the other parties in the coalition will fight in the remaining nine seats.
As per the list, Stalin's half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi will contest in Tuticorin constituency. Former Union minister Dayanidhi Maran will contest Central Chennai. TR Baalu will fight in Sriperumpudur and A Raja from Nilgiri constituency.
The list indicates dynasty politics in the DMK where the family members are given tickets for the 2019 general elections:
1. Dayanidhi Maran- Son of Murasoli Maran- From Chennai Central
2. Kanimozhi- Daughter of M Karunanidhi- From Tuticorin
3. Kalanidhi Veerasamy- Son of veteran DMK leader Arcot Veerasamy, from North Chennai
4. Tamilachi Thangapandian- Daughter of veteran leader Thangapandian and sister of sitting MLA & former minister Thangam Thennarasu - South Chennai
5. Kadir Anand- Son of party treasurer Duraimurugan- From Vellore
6. Gautam Sigamani - Son of DMK leader Ponmudi- From Kallakurichi
The ruling AIADMK also released the full list of 39 Lok Sabha constituencies in Tamil Nadu and one in Puducherry to be fought by it and its allies.
Only eight constituencies will see arch-rivals DMK and AIADMK crossing swords one on one.
If Indiya Jananayaga Katchi (Perambalur) and Kongunadu Makkal Desiya Katchi (Namakkal), who will contest with their partner DMK's rising sun symbol and Puthiya Needhi Katchi (Vellore) that will fight in the two leaves symbol of its ally AIADMK is considered, then the clash between the two Dravidian majors will be seen in 11 Lok Sabha seats.
Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam released the list in presence of Chief Minister K Palaniswami and BJP Tamil Nadu president Tamilisai Soundararajan. The AIADMK leaders hailed the alliance as a "victorious" one, while BJP chief Tamilisai Soundararajan said people wanted "Modi again", adding that the opposition was indulging only in negative propaganda.
Puthiya Needhi Katchi leader A C Shanmugam was also present during announcement of the list.
Raising eyebrows, leaders of other alliance parties, including PMK, DMDK and Puthiya Tamizhagam, did not take part in the event held to release the list of constituencies.