SHOCKING: Digvijaya Singh Calls Pulwama Terror Strike 'an Accident', Issues 'politicisation' Spiel

Elections

Digvijaya Singh has resorted to shameful 'strike politics' by terming the Pulwama terror attack as an "accident".

Written By Daamini Sharma | Mumbai | Updated On:

A day after Congress leader Digvijaya Singh sought out evidence of the Indian Air Force’s strike on Jaish-e-Mohammad terror camp in Pakistan’s Balakot, the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister has resorted to shameful 'strike politics' by terming the Pulwama terror attack as an "accident" on Tuesday. Digvijaya Singh took to Twitter and asked the government to release the number of terrorists that were killed in the IAF's airstrike. 

In his first statement, he said that he is proud of the Security forces as he is aware of the sacrifice they make for the country: "We are proud of our security forces. I have seen the sacrifice they make by leaving their families back home to protect the country. We should respect them."

He then tweeted: "However, there is a spec of doubt emerging within the foreign media on the creditability of our government in reference to the Airstrike conducted after Pulwama (durghatna) accident.  

Furthermore, he targeted the Prime Minister over the number of terrorists that were killed in the strike. He said: "Prime Minister Ji few ministers in your party says that 300 terrorists were killed. BJP chief says that 250 were killed. Yogi Adityanath says that 500 were killed and according to SS Ahluwalia says that not a single terrorist was killed. As far as you are concerned, there is a silence n this matter. The country wants to know the liar.  

Continuing with his Twitter tirade, he asked the Prime Minister as to when will he answer all these questions. 

Read: "You Went To London For Evidence Against EVMs, Will You Please Also Go To Balakot To Check?", Col Rajyavardhan Rathore Takes On Kapil Sibal For Questioning IAF Strike' Efficacy

Earlier in the day, Union Minister Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has questioned the Congress leader whether he will go to Balakot to conduct inquire just like he went to London to find evidence against EVM's. His statement came a day after Kapil Sibal sought proof of Indian Air Force's strike that destroyed the biggest camp of Jaish-e-Mohammad in Pakistan and accused PM Modi of politicising the issue. 

The questions from Congress came despite Air Vice Marshal RGK Kapoor's statement where he said:

"There is fairly credible evidence with us which proves that there was damage to the camps. Weapons hit the intended target and that they caused the damage that was intended."

The Air Vice Marshal had added:

"Whatever we intended to destroy we have got the effect that we desired. We have evidence to show that whatever we wanted to do and targets we wanted to destroy, we have done that. The decision to show the evidence is on senior leadership."

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS