"Allegations Baseless, No Interference From PMO," Says Head Of The Rafale Negotiation Team Air Marshal SBP Sinha About The Purposefully Cropped MoD Letter

General News

Air Marshal SKB Sinha who had headed the Indian Negotiation Team for the Rafale deal spoke about the letter from the Ministry of Defence to the Prime Minister's Office on the Rafale Deal, which was claimed by the Congress to be a dissent note from the ministry on the defence deal. He said that the person who wrote the letter was not even part of the Indian Negotiation Team. He also added that allegations by the opposition are baseless.

Written By Apoorva Rao | Mumbai | Updated On:

Air Marshal SBP Sinha who had headed the Indian Negotiation Team for the Rafale deal spoke about the letter from the Ministry of Defence to the Prime Minister's Office on the Rafale Deal, which was claimed by the Congress to be a dissent note from the ministry on the defence deal.

He said that the person who wrote the letter was not even part of the Indian Negotiation Team. He also added that allegations by the opposition are baseless.

"This is an internal noting. It was written by Deputy Secretary SK Sharma from Air II who was not a part of the Indian Negotiation Team. The note has nothing to do with Indian Negotiation Team. 

"The Joint Secretary and Aquisition Manager Air forwarded it despite being part of the Indian Negotiation Team and did not notify the team. This note was killed in MoD.

"The article is an attempt to malign the negotiation that happened for the procurement of 36 Rafale jets. The note has nothing to with the Indian Negotiating Team. All the allegations are being made are baseless. There was no interference from PMO," he said.

READ | Not Pricing But Sovereign Guarantee!: Then Defence Secretary Punctures Opposition's Attack Over Rafale Dissent Note

The opposition, led by Congress President Rahul Gandhi, on Friday tried to bring the Rafale debate back in the forum by citing a newspaper report which suggested that the PMO had held parallel talks with the French government relating to pricing, something which was objected by the Ministry of Defence.

But Republic TV has accessed the full letter cited in the report written by the MoD in 2015, which exposes the half-truth shown by the newspaper and also exposes the lies of Rahul Gandhi.

But the full letter has revealed that no such objection was raised by the MoD, and in fact, the only concern expressed was in relation to the PMO having talks with the French government regarding sovereign guarantee and general terms and conditions.

The second major detail which was cut out from the report of the newspaper was the response of the then Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. In the half-cut letter, Parrikar's response was not visible.

READ | RAFALE LIE CAUGHT: These Are The Parts That Were Cut From The Letter Rahul Gandhi Used To Make His Rafale "parallel Negotiations" Attack At PM Modi

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS