In the aftermath of the blast at the Nirankari Bhawan in Amritsar's Rajasansi Village on Sunday afternoon, which has killed three and injured 20 people so far, it has been found that the attack was carried using grenades.
Two bike-borne individuals, wearing mask, paraded into a religious congregation which was taking place at the location, and threw grenades. Though, their identity is yet to be ascertained, given no CCTV was present at the blast location.
IG Surinder Pal Singh has confirmed that the attack was indeed done through grenades, and the attackers did not use any weapon, even though they had them. He further ruled out the involvement of Zakir Musa in this incident.
As per sources, around 250 people were inside ashram and doing a Satsang when the attack took place. Following the tragic incident, high alert was issued in several parts of Northern India including Punjab and Delhi-NCR.
Speaking about the blast, Punjab CM Capt. Amarinder Singh stated that strong action will be taken against the culprits while confirming that the officials are looking into a terror angle.
"There might be a terror angle here. We will look into it. This is a very unfortunate incident. We will get to the bottom of this incident. This is a Nirankari Satsang which takes place in every village. They were never the target. This is the first time they have targeted the people of Nirankari satsang. They targeted Nirankari Satsang people because they knew that they don't have any security. There could be a Khalistan or ISI link. I will not be able to visit Amritsar today. DGP and Home Secretary will be there," he said.
The possibility of it being a terror attack increased after the DC of Amritsar, Kamaljeet Singh also stated the same. "We are currently looking at the situation. According to prelimenary reports, three people have died and several injured. High alert has been issued throughout Punjab. Preliminary reports suggests that it is a terror attack," he said.