The students who had been sent a showcause notice by the Aligarh University for organising a Tiranga Yatra on the campus on January 22, had written to the varsity alleging bias and have questioned the basis on which the notice was issued to them.
Sonveer Singh, the student who was given the notice, spoke to Republic TV saying, "The Tiranga University which had a positive message has been given a negative narrative by the AMU. We had asked for permission three days before the event but they replied in the negative less than 24 hours ago. They have not done such a thing to those who carry out events which have negative message."
The Aligarh Muslim University has issued a notice to two students who held a Tiranga Yatra on Tuesday. The students had held a bike rally chanting Vande Mataram earlier in the day.
The rally was carried from the Education Department to the Baba Syed Gate, remembering the sacrifice of the freedom fighters.
Ajay Singh and Sonveer Singh, who had organised the rally, have written to the university claiming bias against them
The students have replied and countered every issue raised in the showcause notice by the AMU.
The students have said that the Proctor must rake back the notice or they will approach the Ministry of Human Resources and Development.
1. Alleging bias against the students who took out the rally
2. Students have asked how a peaceful rally can give the university a bad name as claimed in the notice
3. Students have said that they were exercising their fundamental right of expression under Constitution
4. They have questioned AMU on not taking action on burning of the Constitution
5. Students have said that no outsiders were involved in the rally as the notice claims
students participated voluntarily
Here is the permission letter by the students for the bike rally: