Army Major, Three Jawans Martyred, Two Terrorist Killed, Four Pushed Back As Army Foils Infiltration bid in Gurez

General News

An Army Major and three Army Jawans were martyred in Gurez Operation.

Written By Daamini Sharma | Mumbai | Updated On:

Army Major and three Army jawans were martyred while foiling an infiltration bid in the Gurez soctor of Jammu and Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Tuesday. The Army officers are identified as:

  • Maj KP Rane,  12
  • Hav Jamie Singh, 12
  • Hav Vikramjeet,  15
  • Rfn Mandeep, 3 Med

During the encounter, as many as two terrorists were killed. Troops monitoring the area early in the morning noticed suspicious movement of a group of eight terrorists along the LoC and immediately challenged the intruders. Out of the eight, two were gunned down, four were pushed back. The remaining two are likely to be hiding in jungle with an aim to break contact and exfiltrate towards POK. A search operation is underway.

Meanwhile, the provocation along the LoC comes ahead of the swearing-in ceremony of Imran Khan who is all set to become Pakistan's new Prime Minister.

In his first media address after the declaration of election result, he said that he only want "peace not wars as wars don't solve any countries problem."

Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the July 25 elections, winning 116 National Assembly seats out of the contested 270 parliamentary constituencies.

Read: Kapil Dev Yet To Get Formal Invite, Says Will Attend Imran Khan's Swearing-in If He Gets One

Earlier, at least five terrorists have been killed in the encounter between security forces and terrorists in Killora village in Jammu-Kashmir's Shopian so far. Earlier, the body of the first terrorist killed in the ongoing encounter  has been identified as that of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist, Umar Malik. An AK-47 was also recovered along with Malik's body.

"Four more terrorists have been killed in the operation at Kiloora in Shopian. One terrorist was killed last night," an Army official said, adding the operation was still going on.

The security forces had cordoned off the area last night following specific intelligence inputs about the presence of terroristts there and had started a search operation there.

Meanwhile, fresh firing was heard earlier in the day at the site of the encounter, which broke out between security personnel and terrorists at around 9: 30 p.m. on Friday. As per sources, 2-3 more terroriss are trapped in an residential house.

By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water