'Balakot Reactivated Very Recently,' Confirms COAS General Bipin Rawat

General News

Almost seven months after India struck the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) training camp in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan, General Bipin Rawat

Written By Navashree Nandini | Mumbai | Updated On:

Almost seven months after India struck the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) training camp in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan, Chief of army staff General Bipin Rawat on Monday said that the Balakot has been reactivated. Addressing the media from officers training academy in Chennai after the inauguration of a new leadership wing for the cadets at the academy, General Rawat said that the terror camp of Balakot was destroyed after the Indian Air Force struck it in February. However, he said that Balakot has been functional again, exposing Pakistan's inability to take action against the terror groups and proving the Indian army's action in the area. Moreover, the chief of army staff also said that Pakistan must be left guessing about India's next action against terror groups operating on its soil. "Why should we repeat Balakot Air Strike? Why not beyond that? Let them keep guessing.".

READ: Amit Malviya reacts to Tharoor asking for Balakot airstrike proof

COAS General Bipin Rawat exposes Pakistan

General Bipin Rawat also exposed Pakistan and its continuous attempt to de-stabilize the situation in Jammu and Kashmir. He said that Pakistani troops are not only violating the ceasefire, but the Pakistan army is sending terrorists along the border. "There are around 500 members probably ready for infiltration across the border. That's why Pakistan does ceasefire to distract us and to infiltrate," the COAS said.

READ: PM Modi appoints Balakot Air Strike planner Samant Goel as R&AW chief and Kashmir expert Arvind Kumar as IB chief 

Balakot airstrike

On February 26, a squadron of the IAF had crossed over to Pakistan and destroyed the largest JeM terrorist training camp in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. The move was India's retaliation to the Pulwama terror attack which had been perpetrated by the Pakistan-based terror group, which martyred 40 CRPF jawans. After the sir-strike, Pakistan had first denied that any such airstrike had taken place, and then claimed that the IAF's bombs had missed their mark and hit a nearby forest, destroying trees and nothing more. However, visuals accessed by Republic TV later called out Pakistan's bluff, showing that the SPICE bombs used had decimated the terror complex.

READ: MASSIVE: Pakistan PM Imran Khan finally concedes Balakot airstrike by India, fears bigger action

READ: Army Chief: Article 370 abrogation timing perfect to 'checkmate' Pak

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS