In a big breakthrough in the Maoist attack that took place on Wednesday in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli, sources have informed that intelligence agencies have got strong leads about the planning of the attack. On Wednesday, IED blast was conducted on security personnel in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli in which 15 C60 Commando Unit forces martyred. more than 27 vehicles and construction machines at the NH27 construction site at Kurkheda in the Gadchiroli district
Sources said that Nambala Keshava Rao alias Basavaraj is behind the attack. The agencies have got information that he is hiding in the jungles of Chhattisgarh from where he planned the attack and gave responsibility to execute it to the units in Maharashtra. Sources have also gathered the information that the fire at the construction site was a trap to distract the attention of the authorities.
Sources were informed that Maharashtra police is in contact with Chhattisgarh police, however, no arrests have been made till now. They also said that there is a possibility of a briefing by the Police by Thursday evening.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis and Hansraj Ahir, Minister of States of Home Affairs will be visiting the district on Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, Prime Minister Modi condemned the attack, saluted the brave forces and affirmed that their sacrifices will not be forgotten.
Hours after the attack, the Gadchiroli Police sources told Republic Media Network that last night around 200-250 maoists attacked a construction site and these maoists are known to be a part of the Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh Dalam