Earlier on October 2, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar admitted that there may have been negligence in repair works from previous floods while talking to reporters in Patna. He said that his administration will look into the lapses after the current floods are handled. He also assured people that work is in progress at full speed. As of Tuesday, 56 people have died due to floods in Bihar.
"It is a matter of worry for all but work is happening." When asked if a master plan will be made to avoid such a calamity in the future, he said, "Sure. Once the present situation is handled, we will conduct a meeting on it. Prior to this, when floods had inundated Rajendra Nagar, we had improved all the facilities. But if there was any negligence or it was not maintained properly, we will see if that has been the case. Once this situation is handled completely, we will discuss this," he said.
On October 2, Bihar's Nitish Kumar government blocked Republic Media Network from attending his press conference at Patna's Gyan Bhavan. When reporters tried to confront the Dept. of Public Relations Officer (DPRO) on why Republic reporters were denied entry, visuals show the officer manhandling the reporter - Piyush Mishra, and trying to snatch his microphone away. Visuals show the officer catching the reporter's neck while denying that he was blocked from entering. After granting entrance, guards are then seen bodily lifting the reporter and escorting him out of the gate.
Previously on Tuesday, Nitish Kumar displayed shocking high-handedness and callousness while speaking about the floods in Bihar. When confronted by Republic TV's reporter about the plight of citizens, he asked the reporter “calm down” and reminded her of her young age and lack of experience (with respect to him). His security subsequently blocked Republic TV's reporter. He was then escorted from the place immediately by his guards.