Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon's tent in the Kumbh in Prayagraj caught fire on Wednesday. The tent caught fire at 2.30 am while Tandon was asleep.
He was taken to safety at 3:30 am to Circuit House. There were no casualties in the incident.
However, there was damage to property, and several personal items belonging to the Governor including his watch, mobile phone and glasses were destroyed in the fire.
This is not the first instance of fire in teh Kumbh. There have 6-7 instances of fire in the Kumbh Mela.
The incident on Wednesday took place in the Triveni tent city where there were also a few guests from abroad
The incident is believed to be caused due to a short circuit.
More details are awaited.