General News

BJP Accuses TMC 'goons' Of Vandalising The Party's Office In Kolkata

Written By Digital Desk | Mumbai | Published:

The on-going Mamata Banerjee-BJP outburst escalated with multiple overlapping issues, foremost the CBI-Kolkata Police row and also for denying permission to chief minister Yogi Adityanath and BJP president Amit Shah from landing their choppers to conduct rallies in the West Bengal. 

Following the heat, BJP has accused Mamata Banerjee's 'goons' of vandalising the BJP party office in Bhawanipore, in South Kolkata, citing a total 'collapse of law and order under TMC'

The BJP Bengal twitter handle said, "Law and order have completely collapsed. No one is safe under TMC"

READ| Past Tweets On Mamata Banerjee Come Back To Haunt Rahul Gandhi, "she's Protecting Those Looting Bengal" Becomes "we Stand Shoulder To Shoulder" 

Intense developments have taken place in the CBI versus Kolkata police stand-off that broke out in the West Bengal capital on Sunday night, with the action now shifting - both in terms of politics and legally - to New Delhi.

TMC workers have taken the streets of Kolkata to protest against Prime Minister Modi and the Centre government over the CBI row. 

READ| Politico-legal Storm In Delhi After CBI Vs Mamata Stand-off In Kolkata: LIVE Updates Here

The Supreme Court has agreed to hear the CBI's plea against the Kolkata Police at 10:30 am on Tuesday, with the CJI assuring strict action on the under-spotlight Kolkata CP Rajeev Kumar if evidence of wrongdoing is presented against him.

Meanwhile, amid chaos in Parliament Home Minister Rajnath Singh called the incident 'unprecedented'. He had spoken to the Governor of West Bengal about the matter on Sunday evening as the CBI team was arrested.

Home Minister said, "This incident is unprecedented in the country's history. Supreme Court has given this authority to CBI to investigate Saradha case. Through Saradha group has seized the income of lakhs of poor. I have spoken to Bengal Governor. I have told him to send a report to the Ministry of Home Affairs on yesterday's incident."