- Subsequent to China's accordance, the Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed that chief of the Pakistan-based terror outfit chief Masood Azhar is now blacklisted as a global terrorist.
The British High Commission in a statement welcomed the 'long overdue' decision to designate the founder of Jaish-e-Mohammed, Masood Azhar as a global terrorist.
British High Commission gave a statement saying:
“The listing of Masood Azhar, leader of the Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist group, is very welcome and long overdue. The UK has consistently called for this action to be taken, and we worked closely with our international partners to ensure the right result. This is a positive development for the security and stability of the South Asia region.”
Subsequent to China's accordance, the Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed that chief of the Pakistan-based terror outfit chief Masood Azhar is now blacklisted as a global terrorist.
WATCH: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Lauds 'New India'; Says "This Is Just A Start, See What Happens Next," Over Masood Azhar's UN Listing As A Global Terrorist
The proposal was moved by United States, Britain and France, but was put on a 'technical hold' only by China in the 15-member UN Security Council committee earlier.
The founder of the terror outfit perpetrated the Pulwama terror attack that martyred 40 CRPF Jawans, following which India received massive global support, of countries like Russia, United States, United Kingdom, Israel, France and more.
Following the ban, now Azhar would be facing a travel ban and will have his assests frozen.
Here is what it means to be designated as global terrorist under the UNSC:
- The UNSC designation of a global terrorist will mean that Azhar will be affected in mainly three ways: his assets would be freezed, there will be a travel ban on him and there will be an arms embargo on him.
- The freezing of assets under that the Sanction Committee means that all states including Pakistan will have to freeze his funds and other financial assets or economic resources without delay.
- The travel ban also entails the prevention of entry into or transit by all countries through their regions by designated individuals.
- Under the arms embargo, the countries will have to prevent direct ot indirect supply, sale and transfer of arms from their territories or by their nationals outside including technical advice, assistance, or training related to military activities from their territories or by their nationals
READ| Congress Issues Statement On 'belated' Declaration Of Masood Azhar As A Global Terrorist By UN, Lists UPA's Achievements And Attacks PM Modi