The proof of Congress leader Ahmed Patel's connection to the Sandesara case has allegedly emerged, sources say. The sources have said that witnesses in the case named Ahmed Patel, his son Faisal Patel and his son-in-law Irfan Siddique in the investigation by the Enforcement Directorate. The sources have said that Ahmed Patel's house was named by the witness as the headquarters. They have also, as per sources, said that his son Faisal Patel and son-in-law Irfan Ahmed Siddique received money from Sandesara.
In a massive crackdown against corruption, the Enforcement Directorate earlier on Wednesday, attached Rs 13,000 crore worth properties of brothers Chetan and Nitin Sandesara in the Sterling biotech case.
In August 2017, the agency had filed a case of money laundering against Sterling Biotech company, the same month in which the promoters of the group, Nitin and Chetan Sandesara, fled the country. Later on October 23, 2018, the agency filed a chargesheet in the Sterling Biotech case in a special PMLA (Prevention of money laundering Act) court in New Delhi.
1. Irfan Ahmed Siddiqui used to visit Chetan Sandesara (Director Sandesara Group) at Pushpanjali Farms). The witness was an employee of Chetan and used to work at the farmhouse.
2. Chetan Sandesara would also go to Irfan’s Vasant Vihar residence. “They used to carry huge amounts of cash with them for handing over to Irfan Siddique.”
3. The witness had accompanied Chetan Sandesara and Gagan Dhawan 4-5 times to Irfan’s Vasant Vihar residence.
4. Witness says that Chetan and Gagan would carry cash in a bag and enter Irfan’s residence and would return with an empty bag which would be handed over to the witness.
5. Cash amount used to range between RS 15 lakhs and 25 lakhs. Cash dealings took place between October 2009 and June 2011.
6. Irfan Siddiqui was referred to as Irfan Bhai. This is what Chetan and Gagan called him.
7. Following instructions from Chetan and Gagan, the witness used to keep the money ready in a bag. The money would then be delivered to Irfan’s residence. Cash was also given to Irfan when he used to visit Chetan at his farmhouse.
8. Chetan’s girlfriend Trisha Patel was code named as T-Series. She used to come to Chetan’s farmhouse.
9. Irfan’s brother-in-law Faisal Patel used to meet Chetan at his farmhouse and he too was code named as I 1.
10. Chetan used to refer to Ahmed Patel’s residence (23 Mother Teresa Crescent Road) as headquarters. Chetan and Gagan Dhawan used to visit Ahmed Patel’s residence. They have gone to this address at least 25-30 times. The meetings were fixed by Chetan and Gagan Dhawan through Mr Mahajan (PA of Ahmed Patel) over phone.
11. Faisal Patel used to take his friends to Puspanjali Farms to party. Expenses were borne by Chetan. In 2011, he spent around 10 lakhs for a party.