- The CBI wants to conduct a Narco test on Karti Chidambaram, sources have claimed
- This comes after the CBI claim that Karti remained evasive during interrogation
- The CBI has filed three applications before the court on the first day of Karti’s extended custody
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) wants to conduct a Narco test on Karti Chidambaram, sources have claimed. As Karti is being grilled by the investigation agency after the extension of his custody till March 9, sources claimed that the CBI sleuths are pressing to conduct a Narco analysis on him. This comes after the CBI claim that Karti remained evasive during interrogation.
The CBI has filed three applications before the court on the first day of Karti’s extended custody.
HERE’S WHAT THE CBI HAS ASKED FOR IN THE APPLICATIONS:
- Cross interrogation of Karti along with his Chartered Accountant: CBI said that they have discovered multiple new angles and evidences in the case after the arrest of Karti Chidambaram’s CA, S Bhaskaraman. The CBI has stated that it is crucial to the investigation to interrogate Karti and his CA together.
- Indrani Mukerjea to be produced in the court once again to record her statement: The CBI has said that Indrani Mukerjea’s statement under 164 is a crucial lead to uncovering the larger conspiracy in the INX Media Case.
Karti Chidambaram, however, has denied the statements made by Indrani Mukerjea against him.
- CBI has sought permission to conduct Narco analysis test on Karti: The CBI has said that since there’s absolute non-cooperation on part of Karti Chidambaram and he has been refusing to answer the questions, Narco test needs to be conducted.
The court will go through the applications in the next hearing of Karti Chidambaram.
A Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Tuesday sent Karti Chidambaram to three more days of CBI custody in the INX media case. The arguments on Karti's bail plea will be heard by the Special CBI court on March 9.