Former Jammu-Kashmir Chief Minister and senior JKNC leader Farooq Abdullah has been heckled outside the Hazratbal shrine at the heart of Srinagar at an Eid prayer meeting. Farooq Abdullah faced protest during the Eid prayers for raising Bharat Mata ki Jai slogans during Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s prayer meeting at Talkatora stadium in the national capital.
Later while speaking to Republic TV, Farooq Abdullah said, "there were a few elements who created disturbance. I’m not worried about them, they can’t deter, move or shake me."
Farooq Abdullah was heckled by some radical elements outside Hazratbal. As soon as Farooq Abdullah walked into the premises, the hecklers booed at him and even demanded his removal from the Masjid premises. Abdullah managed to offer his prayers with the intervention and help of authorities there, but couldn’t stay for sermon or Khutbah.
In the video accessed, the angry protesters can be seen taking their shoes in their hands while raising ‘Azadi Azadi’, ‘Zakir Musa, Zakir Musa’ and ‘Go back Go back’ slogans, as soon as the senior JKNC leader got up to leave.
In the prayer meet held for Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Farooq Abdullah while paying tribute to the late statesman said:
“If you want to remember Atal, then fill this country with so much love, that the world bows at our feet. The world should say that this is the country that spreads love. That would be the biggest tribute to Atal Bihari Vajpayee. I hail the country’s soil for giving birth to a person like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and I am so glad that I got the opportunity to understand this man. I pray to Allah that I should be able to walk on his path and make this country so strong that no one can move it. Come, chant this slogan with me, raise your hands and chant, Bharat Mata Ki Jai’.”
The former J-K CM then raised ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ and ‘Jai Hind’ slogans, with the crowd following suit.
The JKNC leader has been heckled at a time when the valley is on the boil. Seven attacks have been reported so far since last night.
1. Stone pelting at Janglat mandi Anantnag: The incident happened on Wednesday morning after Eid prayers at Mirza Afzal Beg Hospital in Anantnag, when the pelters pelted stones and attacked a J-K police van with bricks and sticks.
2. Srinagar: A clash between protesters and security forces, after the former raised Pakistani and ISIS flags
3. Terrorists shot dead an SPO Fayaz Ahmed Shah while he was coming out after a masjid after the Namaaz.
4. Shabir Ahmad Bhat affiliated with BJP shot dead by terrorists. The bullet ridden body of Shabir Ahmad Bhat was found from Pulwama. He was kidnapped by terrorists last evening only and a massive manhunt was launched by police to trace him.
5. Unknown bike-borne terrorists fired few rounds towards the main gate of G/90 Battalion, which was retaliated promptly by sentry. Though the terrorists managed to escape, no loss or injury.
6. Protests, clashes followed Eid prayers in Sopore area of North Kashmir. After the Eid prayers at Noorgah Eidgrah, a group of youth started pelting stones at forces who were deployed at Main Chowk Sopore to maintain law and order. The forces then used tear smoke shells to disperse the protesters.
7. Shakoor Ahmad Parrey (former SPO ) of Kundalan, Shopian was abducted by terrorists. He was abducted from his home Tuesday night. Shakoor was also associated with terrorist outfit LeT and was apprehended by police in the year 2015. Before his abduction, he was running a grocery shop in Shopian.