General News

Fire Breaks Out At Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan At CGO Complex, Delhi. LIVE UPDATES

Written By Daamini Sharma | Mumbai | Published:
A fire broke out at the Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan the CGO complex in South Delhi on Wednesday morning.
Update at 13:44
6 months ago

CISF Shift Incharge Mahavir Prasad Godana has tragically passed away following his efforts in evacuating the building during the blaze. Here is the press release:

Fire Break Out at Antyodhaya Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi: Sub-Inspector/Exe Mahavir Prasad Godana, CISF Unit Central Govt. Building Security lost his life at the altar of duty

New Delhi, 06.03.2019: On 06.03.2019 at about 0840 hrs, CISF QRT personnel noticed smoke coming out from Wing-I (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment) at fifth floor of Antyodaya Bhawan, Block No.16, CGO Complex, New Delhi. Message was immediately passed to all concerned including Delhi Fire Service. Sub-Inspector M. P. Godana, Shift in-charge in morning shift, reached at the spot with the other CISF personnel and started evacuating the area. In the meantime, 18 fire tenders reached the spot and started extinguishing the fire. Due to dense smoke, SI, M. P. Godana fell unconscious during evacuation. He was immediately taken to AIIMS for treatment.

The fire was brought under the control at 1050 hrs. CISF personnel at CGO complex participated actively with Delhi Fire Service team in fire fighting and provided lighting during extinguishing the fire. The Delhi Fire Service informed verbally that probable cause of fire could be short circuit. Exact reason of fire would be know after investigation.

SI M. P. Godara expired during treatment at AIIMS. It is very unfortunate incident wherein SI Godara lost his life while performing his duty. It is big lose to the force wherein CISF lost a brave and dedicated Sub-Officer. The force will be indebted for his selfless sacrifice at the altar of duty. He was Ex-Air Force Personnel and joined CISF as Sub-Inspector/Exe in 2008. He was resident of Churu (Rajasthan). In his family, his wife and two sons are residing at their native place-Churu. (Sic)

Update at 10:33 am
6 months ago

Due to fire incident in Pt.Deen Dayal Antyodaya Bhavan on Wednesday morning, proceedings of NCLAT will remain suspended till further notice.

6 months ago

A major fire broke out at the Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan the CGO complex in South Delhi on Wednesday morning. 

The blaze erupted on the fifth floor of the eleven storied building, which houses the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and disability. 

Fire officials have pressed in 24 fire tenders to the spot to control the flames and rescue operations are underway. 

As per the officials, the fire is under control. Further details are awaited.

Read: Fire Breaks Out At A Factory In Delhi's Naraina: LIVE Updates

Earlier in February, fire broke out in a slum in Delhi's Paschim Puri area in which atleast 250 huts were gutted. The cause of the fire was suspected to be a short-circuit. 26 water tenders were rushed to the spot and the injured were shifted to the hospital. The incident created commotion, people were forced to spend the night on the roads in the cold.