In the past two years, India has made tremendous progress as far as the defense sector is concerned, making several acquisitions and striking multiple deals. In yet another milestone on November 9, the army got a massive artillery boost as M777 Howitzers along with K9 Vajra were inducted into the Army. Here's how India's defense forces are more equipped than ever before:
1. The Indian Army on Friday inducted the M777 lightweight howitzers and the K9 Vajra artillery guns into its fold. This is the first induction of artillery guns since the Bofors in 1987, thus breaking the three decades old Bofors jinx.
2. Over the last few years, the Indian military has gone ahead and either contracted or inducted some state of the art weapons systems into its fold. The biggest of them are the Rafale fighter jets which are 4.5 generation fighter jets and change the dynamics in the region.
3. The Indian Air Force has also gone in for the S400 Air defense system which is again a game changer as far as Pakistan and China are concerned.
4. The Indian Navy has got a major firing boost with the induction of INS Arihant, the indigenous nuclear attack submarine, which was inducted in 2016. It was only earlier this month that it completed it's first deterrent petrol, thus completing the nuclear triad for India.
5. The Air Force has also contracted for Apache attack helicopters, considered to be one of the most lethal attack helicopters in the world.
6. Besides this, the Indian Air Force is also going in for the Chinook heavy lift helicopters which will be used to airlift the M777 to be deployed in forward areas along the Northern borders