In a massive move, a new team has been put in place to handle the Rakesh Asthana case, after government has decided to transfer the previous Investigating Officer Bassi to Port Blair. The new team that will probe the Asthana case will comprise of Satish Dagar, SP, Tarun Gauba, DIG and V Murugesan, Joint Director, among others.
1. Manish Kumar Sinha DIG AC3 and BS&FC New Delhi transfer to ACB Nagpur
2 . Tarun Gauba DIG ACB chandigarh transferred to AC3 Delhi in place of Manish Sinha
3. DIG special crime 1 Jasbir Singh to hold add charge of HOB BS&FC
4. Anees prasad DIG surveillance unit posted from surveillance unit 1 to the adminstration and personnel wing.
5. KR Chaurasia HOb of economic offences 1 to hold additional charge of DIG surveillance unit 1
6. Ram Gopal HOb of SCB chandigarh to hold additional charge of HOB ACB chandigarh
7. Satish Dagar SP economic offences 3 is transferred to AC3
8. Ak Bassi DY SP cbi AC3 transfer to port Blair anti corruption branch
9. S S gurm addition sp cbi AC3 delhi transfer ACB Jabalpur
10. Arun kumar sharma JD policy is transferred JD MDMA
11. A sai manohar head of zone / JD chandigarh with hq in delhi to hold additional charge of SIT and TFC zone
12. V murugesan head of zone AC2 (HQ) to hold add charge of HOZ /JD AC1 (HQ)
13. Amit kumar DIG HOB EO3 to hold add charge of the office of JD policy
Earlier in the day, several CBI officials, including Dy SP Ajay Bassi, the investigative officer in the Rakesh Asthana case, have been transferred. Bassi has been sent to Port Blair.
Amid row between the number 1 and number 2 at CBI, the Centre has issued a notification to appoint Joint Director M Nageshwar Rao as interim CBI director in an unprecedented move. Sources have now told Republic TV that 10th and 11th floor of the CBI Headquarters which have been sealed which host the offices of Director CBI, Special Director CBI and all Joint Directors CBI. Sealing has been done as a standard measure. The sources have also said that Nageshwar Rao took charge as CBI Interim Director around 2 am this morning.
Meanwhile, Alok Verma has moved the Supreme Court against government order. Alok Verma has mentioned the case in Court number 1 of the Supreme Court. The case is listed for Friday.
Earlier, the Department of Personnel and Training of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions in its notification has said, "The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved that during the period of the subsistence of the aforesaid interim measure, Shri M Nageshwar Rao, IPS, presently working as Joint Director, CBI shall look after duties and functions of Director CBI and shall take over the duties and functions with immediate effect."