Home Minister Rajnath Singh's High Praise For Bollywood For Banning Pakistani Artists: I Truly Appreciate Film Industry

General News

In his first-ever interview after the deplorable Pulwama terror attack, Home Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the calls for an all-round boycott of Pakistan that have rung across the entire nation. 

Written By Daamini Sharma | Mumbai | Updated On:

In his first-ever interview after the deplorable Pulwama terror attack, Home Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the calls for an all-round boycott of Pakistan that have rung across the entire nation. Speaking to Republic TV's Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami, Mr Singh supported a total ban on Pakistan actors and artists from working in the film industry. Ruling out all possibilities of talk and 'people to people' contact, Union Minister said:  

"Ye toh jabse Bharat ka vibhajan hua hai aur Bharat Pakistan alag hue hai, yeh tabse hai. Humesha yehi baat hote hai ke people to people contact hona chahiye. Isko kisne roka hai. Pakistan ne hi roka hai. Attack pakistan ne kiya. Is samhe people to people contact ka kya matlab hai? Yeh baat hume samaj nahi aarahe hai. People to people contact ka matlab kya hota hai? Isko eloborate karo. (It has been prevalent since the partition of India and Pakistan. It is always established that we should have people to people contact. Who has stopped it? It is Pakistan not us. They always initiate attacks. Then what is the point of People to people contact? I am unable to understand this. What's the point of it all?)"  

Earlier on February 18, 2019, All Indian Cine Worker's Association had announced a total ban on Pakistan actors and artists from working in the film industry in the wake of the Pulwama terror attack. The film association in a letter expressed condolences and strongly condemned the brutal terrorist attack on the soldiers. They then officially announced a total ban on Pakistani Actors and Artists promising a strong action against those who will disregard the decision. 

MASSIVE: "No Question Of A Cricket Match With Pakistan", Says Home Minister Rajnath Singh Ruling Out Sporting Ties In Wake Of Pulwama Terror Attack

Speaking extensively about the issue, Home Minister praised the 'approach of Bollywood' after the ghastly attack and welcomed the steps taken by the industry to boycott Pakistani artists. 

"Pulwama ghatna ke baat bollywood ke logon ke jo approach rahi hai uske mai prashansa karna chahta hoon. Yeh unhone kaha tha ke hum Pakistani kalakaar ko nahi aane denge. Mai unke step ko acha manta hoon. (I would like to praise the approach of Bollywood industry after the Pulwama attack. They have banned the artists from Pakistan and I truly appreciate film industry's step)". 

Several Bollywood stars have condemned the dastardly attack by expressed their anger and solidarity with the families of the martyrs. 40 CRPF Jawans were martyred after the convoy they were travelling in, on the Jammu-Srinagar highway, was attacked by a suicide bomber in an explosives-laden car. The Pakistan-backed Jaish-e-Mohammad has claimed responsibility for what has become the worst terror attack on the forces in many decades, drawing condemnation from across the world. 

MASSIVE: Total Ban On Pakistani Actors And Artists Working In Indian Film Industry After Pulwama Terror Attack

Watch Home Minister Rajnath Singh's first interview following the Pulwama terror attack, to Republic Bharat, here

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS