General News

IMPACT: Lawyer Ranjana Agnihotri Writes To UP Government Seeking A Probe Following Republic Bharat's Explosive #KarsevakMassacre Expose

Written By Aishwaria Sonavane | Mumbai | Published:

After Republic Bharat launched on Saturday, February 2, 2019, with an explosive investigation and sting that brought to light following the 1990 Ayodhya firing incident involving the then Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party state government in Uttar Pradesh, has already created an impact.

Ranjana Agnihotri, an advocate at the Allahabad High Court has written to the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh seeking a probe into the matter.

Agnihotri a council in the Ram Janmabhoomi title suit pending in the Supreme Court has been fighting a battle for the Karsevak victims who were either killed or went missing.  In the comprehensive letter, Agnihotri demanded an impartial inquiry in the matter, asking to bring the guilty to justice. 

READ| EXCLUSIVE: 'If Witnesses Come To Front, The Issue Will Definitely Be Investigated,' Says Deputy CM Of UP Dinesh Sharma Over Republic Bharat's #KarsevakMassacre Expose

Speaking over the issue, Uttar Pradesh's deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma told Republic that the issue will be seriously investigated if witnesses come forward.

He said, "If there is an issue in front of the government, be it small or big it is their duty to investigate. If there are witnesses, then this issue will definitely be investigated."

It was in October 1990 that thousands of Karsevaks had marched on Ayodhya to seek the construction of a Ram Mandir at the Ram Janmabhoomi site where the Babri Masjid then still stood. With the Mulayam Singh government resolving to stand against them, what resulted was a two-part crackdown by the state police that resulted in a massacre of the karsevaks. The official report on the incident concludes that 16 people had been killed in the firing. However, Republic Bharat's massive #KarsevakMassacre expose has revealed that the number was potentially far far higher, and that the communal motives and lies behind the subsequent coverup, vicious.

Republic Bharat's months-long investigation entailed a sting on senior Uttar Pradesh police officer VB Singh, who was then the SHO at the Ram Janmabhoomi police station. During the course of the sting, the officer made a series of shocking revelations.

Chief among the revelations was the laying bare of the official number of deceased that had been recorded in the post-incident report. For 28 years, Mulayam Singh Yadav has maintained that only 16 people had been killed. However, his top cop reveals that it was all a ruse. 

READ| WATCH: 'People Talk About Human Rights Of Khalistani Terrorists But Not Karsevaks', Says Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad On Republic Bharat's #KarsevakMassacre Expose

DO NOT MISS