Hurriyat leader Yasin Malik booked under the Public Safety Act (PSA) and has now been moved to the Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu.
The Kashmiri separatist leader was taken into preventive custody by the police on February 22 as the cops apprehended him from his Maisuma residence in Srinagar. He was then detained in the Kothibagh police station in Srinagar.
Earlier on Thursday, in a crackdown CBI has also filed transfer application in Jammu and Kashmir High Court to reopen the 30-year-old case against terrorist turned separatist and Pakistan proxy Yasin Malik. Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Gita Mittal has given Yasin Malik one day to respond with objections.
The case relates to the killing of 4 unarmed IAF officers in Jan 1990 in Srinagar and also kidnapping of Rubiya Saeed, daughter of former Home Minister of India Mufti Mohd Saeed and Mehbooba Mufti's sister.
The CBI has also filed a plea in the Jammu and Kashmir High Court seeking a transfer of cases against Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief from Srinagar to Jammu. The step is being seen as a massive strategic blow to crush separatism in Kashmir. Next hearing of the case is on March 11.
The NIA carried out searches on seven locations of separatists in the Kashmir valley including chief Yaseen Malik and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in connection with a terror funding case on February 27.
Several incriminating documents including letterheads of different terrorist organisations as well as high-end communication systems were recovered during the NIA raid.
"High tech internet communication set up was also recovered from the residence of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq," the premier probe agency for terror crimes said.
"Teams recovered incriminating documents including property papers, financial transactions receipts, and bank account details. Significantly, letterheads of different terrorist organisations, as well as documents relating to recommendations for the visa for admission in Pakistan Educational Institutions, were found," the NIA statement added.
The premises belonged to top separatist leaders namely Yasin Malik, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Mohammad Ashraf Khan, Masarat Alam, Zaffar Akbar Bhat, Naseem Geelani and Shabbir Shah," the NIA said.
During the searches, the teams also recovered electronic devices including laptops, e-tablets, mobile phones, pen drives, communication system and DVRs.
In the aftermath of Pulwama terror attack that martyred 40 CRPF jawans, Jammu and Kashmir government also withdrew security cover of several separatists including Malik, Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Shabir Shah, and Saleem Geelani.
"There are elements and forces who take money from Pakistan and the ISI. I have asked the officials concerned to review their security," Home Minister Rajnath Singh said.
“All security and any vehicles provided to them will stand withdrawn by today evening. No security forces or cover should be provided, under any pretext, to them or any other separatists,” the official statement by Jammu and Kashmir government in the matter read.