General News

In China, Sushma Swaraj Exposes Pak-sponsored JeM Terror Role In Pulwama Attack; Reiterates IAF Air Strike On Pakistan "not A Military Operation"

Written By Monica Aggarwal | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj raised the recent Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and briefed about the IAF air strike on Pakistan during the bilateral meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi at Wuzhen on Wednesday

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj raised the recent Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and briefed about the IAF air strike on Pakistan during the bilateral meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi at Wuzhen on Wednesday morning. 

During the meeting, MEA stated that the Pulwama terror attack was carried out by 'Pak-based and supported terrorist organisation Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM)', adding that inspite of constant call to take strict action against the terror front, Pakistan remained in denial of the attack on CRPF soldiers. She also said that JeM is banned by the UN and other countries.

"Terrorism tops the list of the existential threats that the world faces today. You are aware of recent terrorist attack on our security forces in Pulwama, J&K, perpetrated by JeM , a Pakistan based and supported terrorist organisation, proscribed by the United Nations and other countries. We lost more than 40 personnel from our CRPF and several other injured seriously. Such drastically terror attacks are a reminder to show zero tolerance to terrorism and take decisive action against it. Following the Pulwama terrorist attack, instead of taking seriously the calls by the international community to act against JeM, Pakistan denied any knowledge of the attack and outrightly dismissed claims by Jaish-e-Mohammad," she said.

READ: Sushma Swaraj Speaks To Counterparts In US, China, Singapore, Bangladesh, Afghanistan: Sources

Later speaking about the IAF air strike on multiple JeM training launchpads along the LoC in Pakistan's Balakot region, she asserted that it was "not a military operation" but "a preemtive strike" performed after receiving credible information that JeM was planning other terror attacks in India. 

"In the light of the continuing refusal of Pakistan to act against the terror group in its territory, and based on credible information that JeM was planning other terrorist attacks in places of India, government of India decided to take preemptive action. The largest and the target was selected in order to avoid civilian casualties. This was not a military operation," Sushma Swaraj added.

She went onto brief that "no Pak military installation were targeted during the IAF strike, adding that India will continue to with "responsibility and restraint". 

"No military installation were targeted. The limited objective of the preemptive strike was to act decisively against the terrorist infrastructure of Jaish-e-Mohammad. In order to attempt another pre-emp terror attack, India does not wish to see further escalation of this situation. India will continue to act with responsibility and restraint."

On Tuesday, Indian government announced that the IAF struck and destroyed Jaish-e-Mohammed terror camps across the Line of Control in a pre-dawn operation. As per sources, the strike, carried out by 12 of the IAF's Mirage 2000 fighters, lasted up to 21 minutes and was carried out at three locations.

In the days following the attack, the Indian government, including the Prime Minister and the Home Minister, have made clear that the Armed Forces had been given a free rein to avenge the attack.  As per media reports, six bombs were dropped on the terrorist camps by the Indian Air Force Mirage 2000s.

PAK MUST READ THIS: Adnan Sami Schools Pakistani Trolls With The Bitter Truth, Laughs At Their 'ostrich Mentality'

DO NOT MISS