- On the eve of the 73rd Independence Day on August 14, President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the nation
- He spoke about the various forms of infrastructure development by the country for the welfare and ease of living of the people
On the eve of the 73rd Independence Day on August 14, President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the nation and spoke about the various forms of infrastructure development by the country for the welfare and ease of living of the people.
Types of infrastructural developments addressed by President Kovind
- The government has developed financial infrastructure in the form of a transparent, inclusive banking system, an online-friendly tax system and easier access to capital for legitimate entrepreneurs.
- The government has developed physical infrastructure in the form of housing for the poorest of the poor, and availability of energy, toilets and water in every home.
- The government has developed institutional infrastructure to address the paradox of floods and calamities in some parts of the country, and water scarcity in other parts.
- The government has developed connectivity infrastructure in the form of wider, better highways and safer, faster trains; airports in the interiors of our country, and ports that dot our coasts.
- The government can build social infrastructure in the form of a comprehensive healthcare programme, and facilities and provisions for the mainstreaming of our Divyang fellow citizens.
- The government has built legal infrastructure by enacting laws that advance gender equality, as well as by removing obsolete laws to make life easier for our people.
READ | Independence Day: President Ram Nath Kovind Lists Benefits For People Of J&K, Ladakh After Integration With India
He further appaled the citizens to use and nurture these infrastructures which are developed for the benefit of them and their families.
"To cherish and safeguard such infrastructure – infrastructure that belongs to each one of us, the people of India – is to secure another aspect of our hard-won freedom. Civic-minded Indians respect and take ownership of such facilities and such infrastructure," President Kovind added.
Independence Day 2019
On August 15, 2019, India will celebrate its 73rd Independence Day. On the occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hoist the tricolour at the Red Fort and will deliver a speech to the nation. On this day, India attained its freedom from the British Raj after a long battle fought by freedom fighters, political leaders among others.
READ | Independence Day: President Kovind Highlights Mahatma Gandhi's Efforts & Teachings Ahead Of 150th Birth Anniversary