- During his address, Air Vice Marshal conclude that IAF has 'inrrefutable evidence' that the F-16 Aircraft was shot down and by MiG 21 that was piloted by Wing Commander Abhinandan
Regardless of Pakistan clinging to lies and their staunch denial of using F-16 while violating India's airspace, Air Vice Marshal RGK Kapoor reaffirming Indian Air Force's stance has consolidated that two Aircrafts were downed during the dogfight, PAF's F-16 and IAF's MiG-21 Bison.
During his address, Air Vice Marshal conclude that IAF has 'inrrefutable evidence' that the F-16 Aircraft was shot down and by MiG 21 that was piloted by Wing Commander Abhinandan during the dogfight.
Moreover he added how IAF identified the usage of PAF's F-16 through 'electronic signature and radio transcripts'. IAF also released Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) radar images expounding on the downing of F-16 by India's MiG-21 Bison on February 27.
READ| Pakistan Military Calls For "truth" From India On Downing Of PAF F-16
Here are the crucial details shared by Air Vice Marshal:
- The IAF has irrefutable evidence of not only the fact that the F-16 was used by Pakistan Air Force on February 27, 2019 but also that IAF MIG 21 Bison shot down the F-16 Aircraft.
- The Indian Army post in the vicinity of LoC in Nowshera sector have visually sighted two parachutes.
- The F-16 crashed and fell down in Pakistan occupied Jammu and Kashmir and IAF lost one MiG-21 Bison that was piloted by Wing Commander Abhinandan who ejected safely but his parachute drifted into Jammu and Kashmir where he was taken into custody by Pakistan Army.
- Certain official statement made by DG ISPR further corroborated the IAF Stand. A total of two aircraft had gone down that day in the same area separated by approximately 1 to 1:30 min of time.
- There is no doubt that two aircraft went down in the aerial engagement on 27 February 2019 one of which was the bison of IAF while the other was F-16 of Pakistan Air Force conclusively identified by its electronic signature and radio transcripts.
- IAF has more credible information and evidence that is clear indicative of the fact that PAF has lost one F-16 in the air action on the 27th Feb19. However due to security and confidentiality concerns we are restricting the information being shared in public domain.
READ| 'India Planning Another Attack Against Pakistan,' Says Pak PM Imran Khan's Minister Mahmood Qureshi Citing 'reliable Intelligence'
Furthermore, Air Vice Marshal even reiterated that IAF successfully struck the Balakot training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed.
Pakistan's stance on the use of F-16 remains contentious, as their use of the Aircraft violates the arms deal that was signed with the United States. The deal states that the use of the F-16 must be restricted to 'self-defence' and not to militarily attack any other country.