IRCTC is an abbreviation of Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation. It is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways, which manages the tourism, catering services, and online ticket operations in India. IRCTC is amidst the world's busiest corporations. Tickets can be booked online and the system is very organised and easy for the users to use. Also, their official website gives one all the relevant information required in terms of ticket booking, train schedule, alerts, and updates.
1. The E-ticket refund process after cancellation is completely operational now. This process does not require any person to intervene, as the process has gone digital. The users should not share any personal account detail in any respect to anyone or anywhere.
2. The IRCTC has also warned the users not share any booking and cancellations details on any social media platform in order to avoid any sort of misuse.
3. Users should solely stick to the IRCTC official website and not conduct any searches on google or similar platforms. In case of any query related to refund or ticketing process issue, users will be guided accordingly on the IRCTC official website only.
4. All bank credit/debit cards are accepted for any payment gateway. Also, the news regarding blocking any specific banks, for ticket booking payment is absolutely false. In order to do the online transaction via debit/credit card, you have to select ‘Payment Gateway’/Credit/Debit Cards’ and you can use any payment gateway to do your payment.
5. Mumbai Central’s station code has changed from BCT to MMCT. Thus, all the customers are required to select MMCT code for Mumbai Central while booking tickets, and not BCT henceforth. This has been valid from February 1, 2018.
6. The payment options for the Atom PG i.e. International card is only available two days prior to the booking date of the journey.
7. If you’re booking up to six tickets in an entire month, then no Aadhaar Verification is required. However, users can link their Aadhaar card in order to book up to 12 tickets per month.
8. Refund is valid in case the train is late for more than three hours only. This refund is admissible as per railway refund rules only when TDR is filed by the user before the actual departure of the train at boarding station and the passenger has not begun his journey.
9. Wheelchair service is also provided by the IRCTC.