"Irresponsible, Preposterous": MEA Rejects Pakistan's 'new Attack' Claims, Issues Warning Over Cross-border Terrorism

General News

Ministry of External Affairs on Sunday lashed out at Pakistan over the statements made by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi saying that New Delhi is plotting another 'military action' against the neighbouring country. 

Written By Monica Aggarwal | Mumbai | Updated On:

Ministry of External Affairs on Sunday lashed out at Pakistan over the statements made by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi saying that New Delhi is plotting another 'military action' against the neighbouring country. 

In a statement released by MEA, India rejected Pakistan's claims of an attack, terming the Pak Foreign Minister's comments as "irresponsible and preposterous".

"India rejects the irresponsible and preposterous statement by the Foreign Minister of Pakistan with a clear objective of whipping up war hysteria in the region. This public gimmick appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake a terror attack in India," the MEA Official Spokesperson in the statement.

In a strong-worded statement, India went on to advise Pakistan to use established diplomatic & DGMO channels to share actionable & credible intelligence it has about terror attacks, adding that it reserves the right to respond firmly and decisively to cross border terrorist attack.

"It has been made clear to Pakistan that  it cannot absolve itself of responsibility of a cross border terrorist attack in India. No attempt at creating an alibi for its complicity in such attacks will succeed. Pakistan needs to take credible and irreversible steps against terrorism operating from all territories under its control rather than making hysterical statements to obfuscate the core issue that bedevils our region: cross- border terrorism. Pakistan has been advised to use established diplomatic and DGMO channels to share any actionable and credible intelligence it has about imminent terror attacks. India reserves the right to respond firmly and decisively to any cross border terrorist attack," the statement further read. 

READ: 'India Planning Another Attack Against Pakistan,' Says Pak PM Imran Khan's Minister Mahmood Qureshi Citing 'reliable Intelligence'

Earlier on Sunday, Imran Khan's Foreign Minister said that Pakistan has "reliable intelligence that India is devising a new plan", while addressing a press conference in Multan.

"Preparations are being made, and there are chances of another attack against Pakistan. According to our information, the action could be taken between April 16-20," a Pakistan daily quoted Qureshi as saying.

"A new mishap could be staged...And its purpose will be to justify their (India's) offensive against Pakistan and to increase diplomatic pressure against Islamabad," he went on to allege.

READ| IS THIS INVESTIGATION? 'We Asked Jaish' Is Imran Khan Government's Flimsy Basis For JeM Clean Chit, Despite India Giving Pakistan Evidence

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS