The Indian Air Force has given us a reason to be proud after ‘avenging’ the deaths of our CRPF jawans, who were martyred in the dastardly terror attack in Pulwama on February 14. The whole country is celebrating the IAF operation that ripped apart the Jaish-E-Mohammed terror camps on the Line of Control (LoC) at the border on Tuesday. Gautam Gambhir, who’s displayed his love for the country not just on the field, but also off it, reacted jubilantly to the Government’s retaliation.
READ: WATCH: Here's How Shahid Afridi Replied To Gautam Gambhir's Call For Battle Against Pakistan In The Aftermath Of Pulwama Terror Attack
Always known to be a man of few words, his tweet was enough to give us goosebumps. The former Indian opener proudly wrote ‘JAI HIND’ addressing it to the IAF. The 37-year-old also tagged its official Twitter handle and also the Indian Army’s handle. Here's what he wrote, "JAI HIND, IAF @IAF_MCC @adgpi #IndiaStrikesAgain #IndiaStrikesBack #IndiaStrikes."
READ: Gautam Gambhir Hammers Navjot Sidhu On Pakistan Visit, Says 'sentiments Of The Country Far Bigger Than Your Individual Friendship'
Here's what we know so far about India's strike at Pakistan:
- As per sources, it was the Indian Air Force's Mirage-2000 fighter jets, 12 in number, that participated in the operation
- As per IAF sources, the operation was conducted at 3:30 AM on February 26
- The operation involved dropping 1000 kg payloads on terror camps
- Jaish-e-Mohammed terror launchpads at Balakot, Chakoti and Muzaffarabad were destroyed in the operation
- Alpha 3 control rooms of the Jaish-e-Mohammed were also destroyed in the operation
- The strike involved a low-fly run by the Indian Air Force's fighters
Three locations were targeted by the Indian Air Force. Here is the timeline:
- 3:45 am-3:53 am: The first strike was conducted at Balakot, 24 KM North West of Muzafarrabad.
- 3:48 am- 3:55 am: The second strike, as per top sources, was at Muzafarrabad
- Around 3:55 am: India's third blow was at Chakoti
Here are the full details of how the IAF prepared and carried out the pre-dawn strike crushing Pak terror camps to the pulp, as per top sources:
- Raksha Mantri was presented with multiple retaliatory options
- Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanya drew up the plan for retaliatory air strikes
- Indian Army and Air Force stepped up the air surveillance along the LoC
- Drones were also used for the surveillance
- Target spots were selected around Feb 20-21
- Two Mirage squadrons with 12 jets were designated for the mission
- Early warning jet of Embraer platform and mid-air refueller did a trial run
- 12 Mirage 2000s, equipped with laser-guided bombs, take off in batches
- They fly at a low-level across LoC near Muzaffarabad
- The laser pods were used to pinpoint targets